Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27268 - 12/20/10 03:05 AM Re: lactic acid [Re: Samiha]
Samiha Offline

Loc: Dhaka,Bangladesh
to exfoliate people use shower gloves,cotton washcloth,pumibar,loofah sponge...i knw parents who use baking soda,table salt,dead sea salt..in their kids bathtub

#27384 - 02/02/11 07:43 PM Re: lactic acid [Re: Samiha]
Leandra Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
We have used Dermal Therapy with 10% lactic acid since Natalie was an infant. She never seemed to have any discomfort with it, and anything less wouldn't have been potent enough. We used AmLactin with 12% when she was a toddler, and it did sting a bit at times. We haven't used the AmLactin in over a year, however, as it just stopped working. Will try again in a few months as it was very helpful for our daughter's nb-CIE.

#27397 - 02/06/11 07:29 AM Re: lactic acid [Re: Samiha]
Mommy2Matteo Offline

Loc: Texas
My son has XLI and his dermatologist prescribed 12% when he was 1-year-old. It works really well and when paired with Auqufor for the rest of his body, the look and feel of his skin is a lot better.

#27470 - 03/08/11 01:48 AM Re: lactic acid [Re: twinmum]
Faith Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Courtney,
My daughter is 19 months old and we have been using a 15% lactic acid cream that was prescribed by her dermatologist from when she was about 12 months old. Before that I was using 5% lactic acid creams and they didnt do anyting at all. I noticed a difference with the 15% straight away and the scales came off very easily but it took her a while to get used to it because she would cry from the stinging - I had to dilute it with moisturiser. It has worked well on her legs and helps to get the scales off but I find her arms and face is still quite scaly. It has definately helped though.

#27796 - 07/06/11 05:10 PM Re: lactic acid [Re: Samiha]
SusieL Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Do you use just straight lactic acid? If so, where do you get it?

Daughter, Emma born 9/2001 -unaffected
Son, Andrej born 8/2003 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis
Daughter, Tori born 3/2006 - has Lamellar Ichthyosis

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information