Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26968 - 10/10/10 09:26 AM Re: New - Looking for information on EHK [Re: Sideshow_bob]
Aussie Mum Offline

Loc: Australia
Thanks Sarah & Sideshow, I had been thinking that everyone has something different. She was actually looking through her photos albums of when she was burn, and I she saw the big bandage on her arm and said sore arm. So I started talking to her about it then.

Cathy, tried to send you a msg but it said your limit was full.

Thanks,

#27017 - 10/25/10 02:22 AM Re: New - Looking for information on EHK [Re: Sideshow_bob]
Luckymum Offline

Hi Sophiesmum and Aussiemum and Courney and Brandynsmum(?)

I have two girls with nbCIE anf wouldalso love them to get to know other kids with similar skin conditions in Aus. WWe are in melb. I have noticed an increase in Aus members on this forum over the last few months and that is fantastic. We do not know any others here in Melbourne at the moment and my older daughter is 2 1/2 so I know that the day will be coming, that she will ask why she is different. So if there are any of you out there who are keen to get in touch, feel free to message me on thsi forum and we can go from there.
Cheers
Luckymum.

#27054 - 11/01/10 02:56 AM Re: New - Looking for information on EHK [Re: Sideshow_bob]
Luckymum Offline

This is really good information. My oldest daughter is 2.5 years and we visited a neighbour last week and their son was 4.5 years and he asked me why she had strange looking hands so it started me thinking and made me feel sad because kids can be such bullies and anything different can be a focus. I hope that I can raise my daughter to understand that we are all different and to respect that and not worry about it. I hope that she will be strong enough.
Sideshow Bob - you advice sounds very good and I will try and instigate that. Even the scrap book is a good idea.
Also from the very start my husband and I have always focused on the positives i.e. there are so much worse things that nCIE so really it is all a matter of perspective.
Regards
Luckymum

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information