Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#26778 - 08/16/10 01:12 AM Re: Homeschooling? [Re: Angel24755]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Yeh I totally didn't mean that sending her to school is going to teach her that she will fit in, like you said, ALL kids get picked on at one time or another and I know Kallie will be no different. I support homeschooling, its not for me, but that doesn't mean its not for someone else ya know what I mean?!

#26779 - 08/16/10 01:35 AM Re: Homeschooling? [Re: Angel24755]
Angel24755 Offline

Loc: PA
I know exactly what you mean which is why I said in my first post "it's not the best choice for every family"...it just worked out well and was the best choice for us. I totally support those who go the school route. I went to public school and so did my husband. But, we found homeschooling to be a very appealing option for our family. Another thing that I absolutely love is our ability to do school work at any time of the day or any day of the year for that matter. We're able to pick up and go to the lake on a picnic or head to the zoo in the fall when the weather finally cools down. The other kids are in school, the weather is perfect for us, and we get to visit those types of places without the crowd. Being that two of our kids can't sweat, it really gives us the freedom to enjoy the outdoors during the spring and the fall when our children would otherwise be in school.

As I said though...each family needs to decide what is best for them, best for their children, and run with it. In the end, we're all trying to do the best we can for our children and for each one of us the best thing may be something entirely different.
Best of luck!

#26786 - 08/17/10 02:27 AM Re: Homeschooling? [Re: Angel24755]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Yeh my mom and were talking about it tonight b/c she works a lot with homeschooled kids and one of the families she works with do all sorts of great things that kids in school just wouldn't get to do, so there are advantages for sure! And yes it truely is what is best for YOUR family and I glad that you found something that works so well for your family!

#26803 - 08/20/10 03:46 PM Re: Homeschooling? [Re: Angel24755]
mom4girls Offline

Loc: Spring, Tx
I pulled my daughter out of public school due to skin issues in April. She has a birthmark and I.V. Her self esteem was very low and she wasn't learning. Since then I've decided to homeschool two of my other kids. It is one of the best decisions we've made for our family. That being said, homeschooling is a very personal decision you need to make for yourself... regardless of what others think. Another option is to see how she does. You can always pull her out if it isn't working. YOU know your daughter and what her needs are.

Best of luck!
Those links others have posted are wonderful! Do your research and if there is a homeschool conference in your area, GO! Even if you are undecided, it is the BEST place to find info!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information