Topic Options
#26692 - 07/28/10 01:04 AM Allergic Reacion
MKJULES Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey Everyone!

We have started potty trainging our 2 yr old who has CIE Non Bullious Ick-he has always battled bad diaper rashes and we use Seventh Generations Diapers-typically work great. But he had a BAD breakout with eczema and his pedi suggested we quit diapers and use cotton underwear while at home. She gave us a RX and it has helped but it keeps coming back (the bad rash) not yeast, not staph. We changed detergents to Dreft and using an All Natural Aloe and Oatmeal soap from the health food store. Underwear seems to make it worse-has anyone had their child allergic to their underwear?? Its 100% cotton but has characters on them-could it be the dye?? Looking at food allergies too-I am at a total lost and it breaks my heart cause he says his wee wee hurts or his boo boos on his bottom. Any tips would help!!

#26693 - 07/28/10 02:27 AM Re: Allergic Reacion [Re: MKJULES]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
It could be the Dreft, we use All free and clear and love it! We are still in diapers but the Dreft does have fragrance in it so that could be what is causing the irritation. Also, check to make sure those undies are 100% cotton, some of those that they make cheap are not!

#26710 - 07/30/10 03:22 AM Re: Allergic Reacion [Re: MomofPrincesses]
MonkeyMama Offline

Loc: Georgia
We use All Free and Clear,too and we love it. I like it so much better than Dreft.

Other than that, I don't have any recommendations. I hope you're able to find some answers soon. I know how hard it can be to not be getting answers!

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information