We went back to see the dermatologist now that Annalie is 12 months. The derm took pictures and posted them on a list serv to get advice about which type of Ich Annalie might have and how to go about genetic testing. Several other derms replied with a diagnosis of LI, but it looks like Annalie has a mild case. Even though it doesn't change our treatment, it feels good to finally have a diagnosis! Hopefully we can start genetic testing in the next year or so once we decide to have another baby. I'd like to know ahead of time if I'm pregnant with another baby affected with Ich so we can be prepared. I'd also like to find out of our oldest child (unaffected) is a carrier.
Mom to Annalie born 7/17/09 (Mild Lamellar) & Hadley born 3/20/06