Topic Options
#26317 - 05/06/10 02:28 AM Education Week - Family Night
thehodgees Offline

Loc: Woodstock, ON, Canada
Hello!
I apologize that I haven't posted in a long time. These past two years have been a blur with me returning to teaching. Ema is now in SK (Senior Kindergarten) and we have been nothing but pleased with her introduction into school.
She began school in September 2008 and is now preparing for grade one in September 2010. The transition from half day to full day should prove to be interesting as we are learning as we are going along. Her principal, teacher, custodian and the rest of the staff at her school have been nothing but supportive and caring. An air conditioner and humidifier were permanently installed in her classroom this year and she will remain in that same classroom until grade 8. Teachers will be moving into that room for a two year block (i.e., same teacher for grade 1 and 2, another for grades 3 and 4, etc.).
Anyways, in light of the fact that this is Education Week in our Ontario schools, and the fact that there is a little boy at Ema's school that is battling leukemia right now, tonight was a Family Night. Many classrooms were set up as fundraising events to raise money for this little man's family since they are taking time off work to care for him.
Ema had prepared a piece of artwork, just like her classmates, that we could view this evening. The assignment was to create a self portrait and write what they like about themselves.
Ema wrote: "I like me because I have red skin."
Click here to view her artwork

Edited by thehodgees (05/06/10 02:37 AM)

#26318 - 05/06/10 03:54 PM Re: Education Week - Family Night [Re: thehodgees]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Oh God love her. That is so sweet and warms my heart! I am also glad to hear that school is going so well!!

#26319 - 05/06/10 03:59 PM Re: Education Week - Family Night [Re: MomofPrincesses]
Laurensmom Offline

Loc: north billerica, massachusetts...
Craig and Sarah,

Take a bow. What a wonderful job the two of you are doing raising confident and self-loving little people. Good job.

Hope to see you all in Orlando,

Shannon

#26334 - 05/09/10 05:09 PM Re: Education Week - Family Night [Re: Laurensmom]
kekonen Offline

That is so sweet! I only hope that we can raise Annalie to be so confident!

#26431 - 06/07/10 07:28 PM Re: Education Week - Family Night [Re: kekonen]
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Absolutley fantastic! How adorable!! xx

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information