Topic Options
#25803 - 01/27/10 11:47 PM Eyebrows
NARE1226 Offline

Loc: York, PA
My son is 13 months old with LI, he has a lot of hair on his head but none where his eyebrows should be. It is obvious where his eyebrows should be and he doesn't even have excessive dryness/scaling there. Has anyone else experienced this in a toddler? Is there anything I can use/do to promote the eyebrows to grow? Is it likely or unlikely he will eventually grow them? This is all new to me and I really just want to make sure I'm doing all I can for him. I would appreciate any advice/suggestions/experiences that anyone else has had with this. Thanks so much!

#25805 - 01/29/10 08:32 AM Re: Eyebrows [Re: NARE1226]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hmmm it's interesting because Brandyn doesn't really have eyebrows either but he has scaling where his eyebrows should be. I have noticed recently that there are a few very blond hairs but I think everytime he sheds those thick scales, they come out?? Not sure. I'll be interested to hear what other people have to say. Good question!

#25819 - 01/31/10 09:15 PM Re: Eyebrows [Re: brandynsmum]
Meghan Offline

Emma Joy (18 mos) doesn't really have noticeable eyebrow either. If you look closely, you can see some hair and there is darkening where they should be but she has never really had them either.

Mom to Emma Joy ~ 2.5 years old affected with LI and to Austin ~ 6 months also affected with LI

#25955 - 03/06/10 01:57 AM Re: Eyebrows [Re: Meghan]
lexy1742 Offline

Loc: fresno california
Im 21 and also dont have eyebrows or thik scales in that area. all i have are a few blond hairs but you have to look closely to see them

Moderator:  Laura Phillips 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information