Topic Options
#25364 - 11/06/09 02:43 PM Very thirsty
jrmiss86 Offline

Loc: Marlton, NJ, USA
My son Alex, who is 4 and has xli, has been very thirsty lately. this morning alone he has had 4-5 small child sized cups of water. I don't mind him drinking as much water as he wants, I know it is good for him. I was a little worried about something more going on though. something like diabetes or something similar. The reason I am worried is because he also eats nonstop. I knew boys typically have big appetites, but he always seems hungry. Is this something anybody else has come across. Before I panic too much I wanted to see if it was possibly related to the xli, or possibly the kallmans, although that seems less likely than the xli. I should also mention that although he eats practically non stop, he is very skinny and tall. What I wouldn't give to have his metabolism.
Liz (3/16/07)

#25365 - 11/06/09 05:01 PM Re: Very thirsty [Re: jrmiss86]
EmberSparks Offline

I know my son eats/drinks more when his skin is at its worst & eats more than my other child & other children I have been around. I have been told this is normal with ich. Others may be able to explain why better.

#25369 - 11/07/09 05:18 AM Re: Very thirsty [Re: EmberSparks]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Is he also urinating excessively? If you think it is a metabolic problem, get yourself to his pediatrician and have his sugar checked. Don't wait. It's a 2 minute test and if it is something other than the ichthyosis, catching it quickly makes a huge difference. If you know a diabetic, go see them and have it checked that way, since it's a weekend and you may have trouble getting to the ped.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information