Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#24542 - 06/08/09 01:09 AM Re: Anyone Else Worried About Overheating At Disney? [Re: Sideshow_bob]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I think the suncreen clothing is wonderful. Whenever we put sunscreen on Brandyn it's impossible to get off and dries his skin out so much that it takes us about 1 week to get it back to where it was.

We have never been to the conference before and definitely want to go. I think we will just see how we go and do our best to keep Brandyn cool. I guess the worst case scenerio is that we can't go out in the middle of the day. I'm also thinking of buying a cooling vest. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with them?

I lived in florida for a little while and it's HOT. Not only is it hot, it's extremely humid which makes it even worse in my opinion. I do think it's a funny place to choose to have a conference for people that don't tolerate the heat, but nonetheless I can't wait and I'm very excited to take Brandyn to Disney smile

#24568 - 06/11/09 07:47 PM Re: Anyone Else Worried About Overheating At Disney? [Re: brandynsmum]
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Morgan - I have found a sunscreen that isn't water resistant! It's the Johnson's Baby Sun Lotion SPF 40! It comes of in the tub unlike the water proof one's. We found the same as you with those you can't get off! If our daughter's skin is relatively good then the Johnson's is ok, but when she's on the dry side, it does dry her out a little more than she would otherwise be! I get the Johnson's off e-bay! It's soooooooooo much cheaper than in the shops!

#24570 - 06/12/09 06:48 AM Re: Anyone Else Worried About Overheating At Disney? [Re: BritMum]
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Thanks for that tip Britmum, I'm going to order some now smile Gotta love internet shopping!

#24576 - 06/13/09 02:45 PM Re: Anyone Else Worried About Overheating At Disney? [Re: Sideshow_bob]
donovan Offline

Loc: pensacola fl
I live in Fl. and have a three year old with CIE. Every time we leave the house I soak his shirt with cool water and this keeps him cool and he is much happier!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information