Topic Options
#24311 - 05/01/09 11:33 AM Blisters on face
melangelmusic Offline

Loc: UK
I have EHK and am 6 months pregnant with my first baby, and yesterday morning I got up and my face was stinging and feeling itchy on my left hand side. I looked in the mirror and I have developed blisters on my face. The only time I ever recall having blisters on my face was several years ago and I was in a bad way with it, couldn't even eat it was so sore. It made me feel very sick and since then I've always had a bit of a phobia of getting them again. (I had antibiotics for it then at the time by the way).

Today they don't seem as bad, a little red but don't seem to have got any bigger which was my biggest worry. I am currently applying Brulidine cream, as sparingly as possible I might add as I'm VERY careful what I use at the best of times, even more so now I am pregnant. I've used Brulidine cream since I was a toddler and it's always worked wonders for me personally, that's why I've always stuck to it for when my skin breaks or if I see signs of blisters starting. It helps keep them at bay, it works great on spots too.

When I first found out I was pregnant one of the very first things I asked my doctor was what I could and couldn't use for my EHK while pregnant and he told me I'd be fine using the Brulidine as I've always done, as long as I don't use too much. It's a bank holiday here this weekend though and I can't get an appopintment with my doctor - I've tried. I'll keep a close eye on the blisters though, and if I do have any concerns I'll get it checked out.

I was a bit worried yesterday in all honesty as I know I will be VERY limited to what I can use for the blisters. I very much doubt I'll be able to have any prescribed antibiotics.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to get this off my chest I hope you don't mind.

Melanie x

#24324 - 05/02/09 05:18 AM Re: Blisters on face [Re: melangelmusic]
Cindie Offline

Loc: Riverside County, Ca.
Melanie~ CONGRATS ON THE BABY!!!!!
I have EHK as well.> I didn't deal with blisters on my face, but rather on my legs with TJ.. I"m 22 yrs old. My son has EHK also, he's almost 9 months old. IDK what you do to treat blistering, but if they get too painful, I get a clean sterile needle and lance the blister, then soak up the fluid with a clean piece of gauze, and then cover with a cream of some sort (usually antibiotic cream)
You can use most antibiotic ointments for them... and of course hydrogen peroxide to help clean them..> if you have any questions feel free to private message me!!!
I'm currently around 5 1/2 weeks into my second pregnancy. We're due at xmas!! (Dec 25th)

Cindie

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information