Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#24194 - 04/16/09 06:14 PM Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat
melangelmusic Offline

Loc: UK
I have EHK and am expecting my first child on 1st August. I was just wondering if there is anyone on this forum who also has EHK and is a mother, as I would like to get in touch with someone who is/has been through pregnancy with EHK.

Many thanks
Melanie

#24256 - 04/25/09 12:51 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: melangelmusic]
kmotto2002 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I'm Kelly, 38 SAHM of 3 and have EHK since birth. I would love to chat with you.

Kelly

#24258 - 04/25/09 01:07 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: kmotto2002]
melangelmusic Offline

Hi Kelly,

Many thanks for your reply and message I have replied to your PM ;-)

Best wishes
Melanie

#24267 - 04/28/09 10:19 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: melangelmusic]
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Hi, Kelly. I don't have EHK myself, but my husband and 3 of our kids do.

I know Kacy is affected and has children. There are a few others. I'll bump up the introduce yourself page and you can track people down from there. Some members are very infrequent posters and might have missed this thread.

Jennifer
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#24273 - 04/28/09 04:54 PM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: Hearsay]
melangelmusic Offline

Thank you Jennifer

#24338 - 05/03/09 07:48 PM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: melangelmusic]
Cindie Offline

Loc: Riverside County, Ca.
Melanie~ I've got EHK. There are 4 generations in my family, my grandmother, my mother, me and my son TJ. He's 8 months old.

He's also an august baby!!!! lol. 8/14/08! We're having our second baby around xmas time this year. I won't know until I'm about 17-22 weeks if this baby has it. I've gotta have an amnio. (It's NOT required, I choose to do it for peace of mind)

I'm PM'ing you. smile

#24723 - 07/03/09 03:26 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: Cindie]
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Hi there.. I have EHK and have had two unnafected children.. I can also contact my bio mom (whom I got the ichthyosis from) and we are always loving to talk..lol hope things go great!!!

#25947 - 03/03/10 07:01 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: melangelmusic]
Kath
Unregistered

Hi! Yes, I am a mother of two. Boy and Girl aged 24 and 22. Both have normal skin. In fact, their skin is absolutely beautiful. Many people comment on the quality of their skin. Hope by now you have given birth to a beautiful baby - regardless of skin type. We're a pretty strong lot you know! I believe I have EHK. Biopsies over the years have given different results - either EHK or CIE. Either way, I'm stuck with it. Love to talk with you again. Cheers, Kathryn

#25974 - 03/09/10 04:36 AM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: Anonymous]
Lperez520 Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY, NYC
hello iam a 29 year old female with ehk i am the only one in my family with ehk i have a 18 year old sister who is unaffected as well as my parents who are unaffected both grandparents on both sides unaffected also ..i do have a 3 year old daughter who is also unaffected...i will be honest i was pretty scared when i was pregnant because the doctors told me their was a 50 50 chance, when my lil one was born she was perfectly healthy

Edited by Lperez520 (03/09/10 04:38 AM)

#25982 - 03/09/10 11:45 PM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: Lperez520]
Melanie UK Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Hi Kath and Lperez520, Thanks for your replies, much appreciated. I've only just seen your posts as I've been very busy of late.

In fact I'd forgoteen all about this thread in all honesty, but I'm very pleased to say that on 16th July 2009 I gave birth to a healthy, beautiful baby boy. His name is Daniel and he is now almost 8 months old. He is clear of Ichthyosis and a very happy little boy.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread I really do appreciate it and would still be more than happy to talk to anyone. Feel free to send me a PM on here or you can email me at friends-of-ichthyosis@live.co.uk

Melanie

#26073 - 03/25/10 11:27 PM Re: Anyone with EHK and a mother, would like to chat [Re: Melanie UK]
Martika Offline

Loc: Southern California
Melanie~ I had my 2nd son (I posted under "cindie) in Dec. and he was born healthy as well. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information