Topic Options
#20859 - 08/10/07 03:56 PM Sports
Bellasgirl17 Offline

Loc: the Netherlands
Hey Everyone!!!!!!
Ok, my name is Rachelle, I'm 17 years old, and I was just wondering if there are people with Ich that hold themselves back in terms of sports and hobbies? Are there people out there with Ich who actually compete in a sport, or who love a sport so much that they make it their life? I, through the years, have found that many people with a skin disorder feel disabled when it comes to sports; they don't ever go swimming, they never dared to look at a skateboard, never touched a bike, or havn't even looked at a horse. I would just like to let anybody who feels this way know that your skin really can't hold you back from doing anythin!! Don't be afraid to try something new, just because you're afraid for your skin, or because you're scared you will fail at it because of your disorder. Please, go out, and try anything that you pass that you havn't done before, because later on in life, you may regret never having tryed it.
Luv Always,
~Rachelle~

#23541 - 12/29/08 02:19 AM Re: Sports [Re: Bellasgirl17]
snowhead44 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I ride horses,was on the freshman volleyball team when it was in season,and now am on the freshman basketball team.Just because your difrent then the others,dont let it hold you back.Try it.

#23545 - 12/29/08 08:08 AM Re: Sports [Re: snowhead44]
Siltur Offline

Loc: Utah, United States, Earth
I definitely have to agree with that! Besides playing on a basketball team, I also rode horses and love to go swimming. I even competed nationally in fencing.

Ichthyosis is something you have to work with, but it can't stop you if you really want it.

#23556 - 12/30/08 06:16 PM Re: Sports [Re: Siltur]
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
I am a bit older now.. my ten year reunion is coming up.. but I am still very outdoorsy.. i was on a swim team for 12 years.. I loved basketball, and racing my bike.. I didn't let my skin slow me down just had to find ways to stay out in the heat.. i learned carrying a squirt bottle with cool water helped out alot.. my friends and family all referred to it as my portable sweat....lol

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information