Topic Options
#23275 - 11/17/08 08:52 PM T-Gel trick?
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Have I been missing the trick with t-gel? I was washing our daughter's hair with it twice a week (continuing with our usual routine in between). It hadn't made a tremendous difference to be honest but we've not been using it long. I'd comb her hair through before I wet it then wash and rinse, wash and rinse. However, last night I combed her hair through dry then washed with t-gel and rinsed. I then combed it through again whilst wet and loads of skin appeared to come off her head. I then re-washed her hair to get the 2 lots in. Should I have been doing this all along? Is the trick to comb the hair through immediately after it's been washed with the t-gel?

J

#23277 - 11/18/08 03:27 AM Re: T-Gel trick? [Re: BritMum]
KimNL Offline

Loc: Holyrood, NL, Canada
I don't know, I just started using it this week but I may try your new trick!

#23319 - 11/22/08 01:23 PM Re: T-Gel trick? [Re: KimNL]
melangelmusic Offline

Loc: UK
I use T-gel on my scalp too, and maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I'll try your tip J of combing it through once I've washed it with T-gel and will let you know how I get on grin I don't use it too often though as I find it can sting and burn a little bit, so I only use it when my scalp is particularly flaky and itchy (well more than usual for me anyway)

Mel

#23349 - 11/26/08 02:13 AM Re: T-Gel trick? [Re: melangelmusic]
flazoomy Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL,USA
Hi. I'm a 52 year old male with moderate length hair. This is my scalp routine I've been doing since I was a teenager. I used to put aquaphor in my scalp since I was a young child but I didn't like my hair being so greasy. Now every two days, in the morning, I vigorously massage baby oil in my hair to loosen the scales. I have a fine plastic comb to immeadiately comb out the scale. I rinse my hair with a moisturizing shampoo and lightly re-apply a little mixture of baby oil with a few globs of Tazorac. This keeps my scalp from drying out until I repeat this two days later. This works because my scale is ready to release after two days. Others may have a different time frame. Let me know if this helps.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information