Topic Options
#23294 - 11/21/08 01:47 AM Funny Pictures
brandynsmum Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi everyone! I just had to post these two pictures of Brandyn because I just think they're so funny. I found him like this on his play mat squeeling with joy. I call them "Milkman"! The quality of the photos isn't great unfortunately because I took them with my mobile phone but they're still ok.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/hkgrl7/Milkman4months3weeks.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/hkgrl7/milkman4months3weeks2.jpg

#23309 - 11/21/08 09:05 PM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: brandynsmum]
Ivy's Mummy Offline

Loc: England
How fantastic really made me giggle!!

4 year old girl with Lamellar Ichthyosis

Baby girl unaffected

#23335 - 11/25/08 12:44 AM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: Ivy's Mummy]
brandynsmum Offline

Thanks Emma! It's a great age...how's Ivy doing?

#23336 - 11/25/08 10:59 AM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: brandynsmum]
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Great pics!! Just wait til he's at the projectile stage when he's sat up! You'll get even better shots then - lol!! I know we did!! The best one was on Xmas eve, in her new jammies!! I was determined she would sleep in them so took them off, sponged them down and left them to dry and put them back on!! Terrible Mummy ........ But they were her Santa jammies!!

J

#23340 - 11/25/08 08:50 PM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: BritMum]
Ivy's Mummy Offline

Loc: England
Hi,

Ivy's doing really well at the moment. We had a bout of being really dry last week then being really greasy. Couldn't pin point it down to anything so just come to the conclusion that's how she is!! Getting lots of smiles at the moment and I don't think it's going to be long before she's laughing!! She's loving her daily baths and we think it's actually good for her because we cream her when she's still moist it seems to hold the moisture in her skin better. When we were bathing her every 2 to 3 days the cream was just building up and we weren't getting rid of it!

Morgan - is Brandyn still ok with baby wipes?

J - how is the skin scrub? Have you found all the ingredients in the supermarkets? I think Holland and Barratt do almond oil. I would have done exactly the same if Ivy had been sick on her pjs!!!!

Hope everyone is ok.

xx

4 year old girl with Lamellar Ichthyosis

Baby girl unaffected

#23341 - 11/25/08 09:13 PM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: Ivy's Mummy]
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Emma - Mixing the potion tomorrow all being well! Got the oil from H&B but I was waiting for the delivery of shea butter as I ordered it on-line from the Body Shop as I get discount being in the NHS (plus I couldn't bare the thought of fighting my way through the city to get it!!!)

J

#23350 - 11/26/08 02:27 AM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: BritMum]
brandynsmum Offline

BritMum- LOL, we are constantly changing clothes. I swear, sometimes I worry that he's not getting enough milk because so much comes back up!! Ahh..the joys of motherhood.

Emma-I love the smiles, they're just great. It makes getting up a few times per night all worth it! Brandyn's skin is the same. It really goes through cycles. Last week it had almost no scales and this week he's going through a "shed" and is quite scaly. It takes awhile to get used to it. Glad the bath is working well too. I also found that if we don't bathe him everyday, the lotions just pile up and it gets yucky. Brandyn LOVES his baths so it's good!
No problems with the wipes either. At the beginning of this week I thought they might be drying his skin out because he started to peel but it's happening everywhere so I don't think it has anything to do with the wipes.
Oh and I almost forgot, my not so little anymore chubby bubby has put on 1.7kgs in 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! He jumped from the 10th percentile in weight to the 60th. We're in shock.

#23382 - 12/03/08 03:15 AM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: brandynsmum]
TMPOL Offline

Loc: Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
Hi Morgan,

The pics are beautiful. I miss that stage. It goes by so fast. Gald to hear that Brandyn has put on weight.

Myles has always been in the 90 percentile - big boy. Myles' skin is looking great right now which is shocking for us as we have the heat on and the snow outside is piling up. We are thrilled and we still use Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. After all the creams that we have tried it works the best for our climate. We still put lacri-lube in his eyes twice daily as well. His scalp is getting better but not looking as good as we had hoped. We go to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto on Monday for his Ped/Derm appt. We only have to go every 6 months now as oppose to every month when he was first born. Christmas will be so fun this year as he kind of understands the concept.

All the best,
Tara

#23390 - 12/04/08 01:48 AM Re: Funny Pictures [Re: TMPOL]
brandynsmum Offline

Tara-Thank you smile Glad to hear Myles skin is doing well, that's excellent! Do you find that Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion helps with itching at all? In the past week, Brandyn has been scratching a lot, to the point of making the back of his ears bleed frown I have been applying lotion like crazy but it doesn't seem to help that much. He's going through a very scaly period right now and it looks uncomfortable.

I'm so looking forward to Xmas even though Brandyn won't get it at all!! He already has a ridiculous amount of presents which will probably take a week to open with his attention span,LOL.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information