Topic Options
#23132 - 11/03/08 03:27 PM Toe nails
BritMum Offline

Loc: UK
Ok so I know that Ich can cause ridging with nails (our daughter has slight ridging on her finger nails), but how about toes nails growing strangely???

I noticed when I cut my daughter's the other day (in a supermarket car park as i have to pounce whilst she sleeps !!!)that some of her toe nails are kinda flat and then slightly elevated at the corners, and others look as though they would grow over and down around the ends of her toes if I leave to long. Her middle toe nail on one foot is thicker than the rest and the skin at the corner of her big toe nails was hard and a bit crusty. She doesn't appear to suffer with any thickening of the skin on her hands and feet like some of you describe.

Any advice or simialr experiences?

Jx

#23142 - 11/03/08 08:47 PM Re: Toe nails [Re: BritMum]
yr Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi BritMum,

Both my boys have had ingrown toenails as babies and had them surgically treated. Their finger nails are full of ridges, but on our oldest boy, his toenails curve over the top of his toe and this makes them awkward to cut! The skin around the nails only ever got crusty when they were infected as a result of being ingrown.

Hope this helps,

Yvonne.

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information