Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#22385 - 08/17/08 05:55 AM Re: Casey's face [Re: KimNL]
blinky Offline

Loc: Pottstown, PA USA
Hi, my name is Teri and my son Wyatt just turned one. It sounds so much like wtatt's face. you are going to love when she starts teething all the drool will help her face look great. In the mean time be careful with the acids Wyatt's doctor is Dr. VanScott is very big with FIRST and he said to make sure to stay away from all salasilic (sorry my spelling stinks) acids they can cause ry syndrome in children. We found this body butter by Neutrogena that has been doing really great for him. Hope this helps.
Gavin - 7
Ryleigh - 8
Erin - 17

#22427 - 08/19/08 02:42 AM Re: Casey's face [Re: blinky]
KimNL Offline

Loc: Holyrood, NL, Canada
Hi blinky,
thanks for your reply. What is your regimen for Wyatt's face?
Do you layer? or just the body butter? I've been trying various things, with little success.
Casey already has 2 teeth and you are right, the drooling made her chin and lower face quite smooth.

#22447 - 08/20/08 03:53 AM Re: Casey's face [Re: KimNL]
blinky Offline

Loc: Pottstown, PA USA
Hi Kim,
For Wyatt he kinda helps alot with his face because he's drooling alot and rubs it all over. Yes I do layer after putting the butter on his body I have it all over my hands so I rub my hands over his face then I take aquaphor and put it behind his ears and in the outside of his ears and whats left on my hands I rub on his face especially his farhead that seem to be a no drool zone.

Best of luck,
Teri
Gavin - 7
Ryleigh - 8
Erin - 17

#22530 - 08/28/08 08:09 AM Re: Casey's face [Re: KimNL]
Leandra Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Natalie's face used to get a leathery look before we began using urea. A Canada based company called Dermal Therapy makes an alpha-hydroxy lotion that contains 10% urea/10% lactic acid in a silk amino base...for us it's been the best source of urea we've used. Since urea draws water up to the surface of the skin, it tends to work best just after a soak in the bath. We sometimes use the Dermal Therapy AHA in conjunction with Dermal Therapy's heel care cream which is 25% urea after bath (they are getting ready to put out a 30% cream as well which they had made in the past, and we absolutely loved). Because the heel care stuff is $39 for a 14 oz jar, we use it sparingly and often reserve it just for the face and arms. After using the Dermal Therapy stuff, we occlude with Aquaphor. We find the urea helps with the itching as well...doing the Dermal Therapy/Aquaphor routine after a good exfoliation in the bath every night before bed has done wonders for sleep problems previously caused by itching. We also use Benadryl every night and don't have Nattie sleep in anything other than a 100% cotton pj. We bought some polyester jammies not long ago because they had Dora and Disney princesses, and they made her absolutely crazy with itch!

If you decide to try the Dermal Therapy, call the number on their site to place the order instead of doing it online because they'll give you a discount if you mention the ichthyosis.

Leandra

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  marcsmom, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information