Topic Options
#20020 - 08/27/07 07:56 AM How cai I take her back into my arm?
Peter Offline

Loc: Chengdu,Sichuan,China
She told me she willing to be my girl friend, I was very happy at that moment.But after I told her I got the ichthyosis, which probably will pass down to the next generation, she was greatly surprised.Then she changed her mind,now we are just normal friends.I feel sad, I can't love her more, but she broke my heart.I need your help, is there any could tell me how can I take her back? I hope she can accept me.
With many thanks.

------------------
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world,but yet loose or forfeit his very self?

#20021 - 06/11/08 11:09 PM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm?
Derdrachemetal Offline

Loc: orient ohio, USA
Well ..im not much on this subject. honestly i kept quite about it until i married my wife. but shes a smart woman and already understood what was going on. at least to a point. many ways to gain someones heart but none of it matters if she cant except you for YOU. you deserve better. not saying shes a bad person but she cant love only half of you. with time she might come around but not a guarentee. find someone who understands you Every part of you. it will come with time.

and for a quote..Rome wasnt built in a day..
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
She told me she willing to be my girl friend, I was very happy at that moment.But after I told her I got the ichthyosis, which probably will pass down to the next generation, she was greatly surprised.Then she changed her mind,now we are just normal friends.I feel sad, I can't love her more, but she broke my heart.I need your help, is there any could tell me how can I take her back? I hope she can accept me.
With many thanks.

#20022 - 07/14/08 04:07 AM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm?
pavlikclan Offline

Loc: Modale, IA, United States
Forget her she doesn't deserve you! I had dated my husband for a few months before I ever even asked what his ichthyosis was. When meet the right girl it will be a non issue. My husband never tried to hide his condition in fact he doesn't even treat it because he feels it is a waste of time. He is who he is and that's it. I am always worried it hurts him but he swears it doesn't sometimes he gets raw feeling in the winters though. Once I knew for sure what it was though I never thought about it much. He has it and it doesn't change who he is. He is still 100% gorgeous and honestly his scaly legs are the absolute best scratching post EVER [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Ditch her she isn't worth worrying about. When you find the right girl it won't matter to her!

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
With many thanks.

#20023 - 07/20/08 05:32 PM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm?
zmike1981z Offline

Loc: tallahassee, florida, united s...
well there are a few things here to think about. One not to be honest at the begining is a mistake. do you really want to fall inlove with someone who doesn't love you for you. I always tell a girl after like a third or fourth date about it. I havent dated a girl yet that seemed to care but then again I think they can tell from the begining.

As far as children. Do you want them yourself? I personally don't. I know alot of people here might be proud of what they are because its them. I don't ever want anyone to live the life of abuse I had to deal with. I am not that greedy to hurt someone like that. Not all girls want to have kids. Some might even want to adopt. Personally I would rather adopt and love someone who is already here instead of being greedy. There is no grauntee that you will have a child with your disease but there is a chance. When My sister had her twins i was extremely worried about them.

You can find love or sex or whatever it is you want. But dont lie. you found out what type of person she was early and thats good for you.

#22299 - 08/09/08 03:09 AM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm? [Re: Peter]
MISFIT2012 Offline

Loc: Utah
Originally Posted By: Peter
With many thanks.

------------------
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world,but yet loose or forfeit his very self?

I feel for you bro! I didn't even start dating until I was 18. I finally gave up on worrying about it, and then I met the woman that became my wife. When I told her all about my lamellar ichthyosis she told me she did not care because she loved me. We have been married for almost 5 years now, and we have a 3 year old son (he does not have any form of ichthyosis). Just give it time you will find someone that will love you for you. I'll be praying for ya bro!

#22434 - 08/19/08 11:06 AM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm? [Re: MISFIT2012]
Dan Offline

Loc: Canada
Peter don't feal Bad I have yet to meet a girl that is willing to even talk to me let alone date me and Im 17 and have mild Ichthyosis no idea wat type though >.>

#22506 - 08/25/08 08:53 PM Re: How cai I take her back into my arm? [Re: Dan]
Chuck Schmidt Offline

Loc: Dallas, Tx, USA
As others have said, move on and don't look back. You will find someone who will accept you for who you are.

I have a loving wife of almost 16yrs that puts up with my Icthy V. and the scales that go everywhere. My grandfather had it worse than I and my grandmother loved him very much and put up with the same.

Don't hide it and if someone really loves you, the icthy won't matter.

Dan, get a skin biopsy as soon as you can to find out for sure if you have icthy. Does it run in your family?

Chuck

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information