Topic Options
#22234 - 11/07/06 06:01 PM Nanas can you help me?
grammy Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Nanas I have composed a holiday letter for my friends and family and want to include a form or card for donations to FIRST. Where can I get something like that with a little info about ich ect... Thanks for your help! CSG aka Grammy

#22235 - 11/07/06 09:05 PM Re: Nanas can you help me?
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
THIS IS DONNA CLARE (GRACIE'S NANA). I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. CALL SOMEONE AT F.I.R.S.T. AND ASK THEM TO SEND YOU SOME TRI-FOLD PHAMPLETS ON (UNDERSTANDING ICHTHYOSIS AND RELATED SKIN TYPES.) THIS TELLS ALL ABOUT ICHTHYOSIS, AND ON THE BACK IT GIVES YOU A PLACE TO SIGN AND FILL OUT A DOLLAR AMOUNT TO SEND IN A DONATION. I DID THIS WITH MY FAMILY BEFORE THE CONFERENCE IN ATLANTA. GOOD LUCK, DONNA DO

#22236 - 11/08/06 12:43 AM Re: Nanas can you help me?
Nana-1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Hi Grammy - Please call FIRST - they will gladly provide the pamphlets for you. I am also attaching the copy of a letter I sent out this summer, just before the conference - you certainly may personalize it to tell your story. I find that the more verbage we gather, the easier the writing process.

I mailed them to my family and close friends as well. I procured pre addressed envelopes from FIRST, stamped and enclosed them with my request.

We realized almost $1000.00 with this for FIRST. I wish you the best of luck and if there is anyway I can be of help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

#22237 - 11/08/06 04:09 PM Re: Nanas can you help me?
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
HI NANA 1 AND GRAMMY,

I AM STILL IN FLORIDA HELPING MY DAUGHTER WITH THE CHILDREN, BUT WANTED TO ASK YOU (EDIE) IF YOU WOULD ALSO SEND ME A COPY OF YOUR LETTER TO YOUR FAMILY ? IF SO, JUST SEND IT TO MY E-MAIL IN GEORGIA. I NEED A DIFFERENT APPROACH THIS YEAR !

HAVE YOU SEEN THE PAMPHLET (PAGE) ON FACES OF ICHTHYOSIS)? IT IS REALLY GREAT. IT IS A COLORED PAGE THAT SHOWS THE FACE OF ABOUT 10 PEOPLE WHO HAVE ICHTHYOSIS. GOOD VISUAL ! I GOT IT FROM JEAN AT F.I.R.S.T. JUST WANTED TO SHARE THAT WITH YOU.

#22238 - 11/08/06 06:12 PM Re: Nanas can you help me?
grammy Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Thank you both! FIRST is mailing me 50 phamplets.I have my holiday letters ready and started adressing envelopes today.All my children will be home for Christmas,YEA! I'm trying to get an early start on preparations for 16. My family keeps growing! We are not exchanging gifts this year,instead all are going to donate to FIRST. I of course have already bought Baby T tons of things! My first Christmas as a Grandmother, LOVE it! Take care,Carla

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information