Topic Options
#22222 - 10/07/06 09:04 PM I HAVE AN IDEA
GRACIES NANA Offline

Loc: MARIETTA, GA, USA
WHY DON'T WE ALL "TRICK OR TREAT" FOR ICHTHYOSIS? WE CAN MAKE A LITTLE CARD-- LIKE THE ONE IN THE LAST QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF F.I.R.S.T (PAGE 8) EXPLANING WHAT ICHTHYOSIS IS, HAND IT OUT AS WE RING OUR NEIGHBORS DOOR, AND ASK THEM TO DONATE MONEY FOR THE FOUNDATION FOR ICHTHYOSIS! WE CAN EVEN PUT THE MONEY IN A PUMPKIN!!!! WE CAN ALTER THE CARD AND SAY---OUR CHILD HAS---, OR OUR GRANDCHILD HAS--- OR OUR FRIEND HAS---- OR WHATEVER APPLIES TO EACH SITUATION. TELL THEM THAT THEIR DONATION IS TAX DEDUCTIABLE AND GIVE THEM A FORM TO SEND IN WITH THEIR TAX INFORMATION. WE CAN DO THIS A WEEK OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE OCT. 31ST.-- IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER. IT ALWAYS HELPS TO SHOW PICTURES TOO. (IF YOU WORK, YOU CAN DO THIS ON THAT GOOFY DRESS-UP DAY!) ALSO, TALK ABOUT YOUR OWN PERSONAL SITUATION. BE OPEN AND GIVE ALL THE INFORMATION THAT YOU KNOW! MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE PROBLEM, EVEN THOUGH, IT IS SLOWLY COMING AROUND WITH THE "DISCOVERY PROGRAMS." WITH THEM SHOWING TWO PROGRAMS ON ICHTHYOSIS NOW, PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THESE T.V. SHOWS, CAN RELATE TO THE SKIN DISORDER, THEY WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT AND THEY CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY ACTUALLY KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS IT.

SO----- WHAT DO YOU THINK?

I PLAN TO GIVE IT A TRY. I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WAS A SUCCESS OR NOT. YOU NEVER KNOW!!!! " BOOOOOO'S THE WORD", OR IS IT "TRICK OR TREAT"?

GRACIES NANA
DONNA DO

#22223 - 10/07/06 11:41 PM Re: I HAVE AN IDEA
Nana-1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
FABULOUS!!! idea Gracie's Nana - I am definitely going to give it a try.

#22224 - 10/08/06 03:22 PM Re: I HAVE AN IDEA
grammy Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Nanas your dedication to fund raising for FIRST is wonderful, contagious. In the night, when I do my best thinking, I remembered my neighbor mailing us a request for a donation to the american heart association yearly with a self addressed stamped envelope. Although my husband donates yearly at work he insist on sending Mrs. Murphy a check. Maybe FIRST could borrow this grassroots effort from AHA. Maybe we could include FIRST info with our Thankgsgiving, Chhristmas, or New Years cards! Please take this idea and run with it if you can or want to. My time is very limited as I am the primary cargiver for both my disabled parents, who now live with us. Also being new to ichthyosis and FIRST I wouldn,t know where to start. Just a midnight thought! Good luck! CSG aka Grammy

#22225 - 10/09/06 11:04 PM Re: I HAVE AN IDEA
Nana-1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Hi Grammy - thank God for those - "I can't get to sleep" inspirations and thank you for sharing. I actually did a plea to Dearest and Closes Friends this summer - I wrote a short letter, enclosed a pre-stamped envelope to FIRST and if I remember right, raised quite a nice amount in donations.

This is probably a wonderful idea for the holidays. Thank you. edie

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information