Topic Options
#22195 - 07/25/06 01:26 AM FUND RAISERS
GRACIES NANA Offline

Loc: MARIETTA, GA, USA
DURING THE NEXT TWO YEARS, EVERY NANA, PAPA, AUNT AND UNCLE SHOULD FIND WHAT THEY DO BEST AND RAISE MONEY FOR OUR NEXT CONVENTION. I'M SURE THAT EVERYBODY HAS SOMETHING FUN TO DO. THINK ABOUT A HALLOWEEN PARTY WITH DOOR PRIZES FROM LOCAL MERCHANTS, SAME FOR CHRISTMAS. CAROLING FOR ICH., DRESS YOUR DOG CONTEST, BAKE-OFF, TALENT CONTEST, NEIGHBORHOOD BEAUTY CONTEST, PRETTY LEGS (HUSBAND) CONTEST,QUILT, SEW, MOMOGRAM FOR LOCAS STORE (THIS IS ALWAYS IN A GREAT DEMAND), GOSH, I COULD GO ON AND ON.

ANYWAY. IT IS GOOD TO BE ON BOARD. LETS THINK ABOUT MEETING IN ONE YEAR TO SEE WHAT OUR PROGRESS IS. I ASKED JEAN TO ADD US TO THE ICHTHYOSIS PAPER TODAY. WE NEED EVERYONE INVOLVED. THANKS EDIE, DONNA CLARE (GA)

#22196 - 07/25/06 02:26 AM Re: FUND RAISERS
Nana-1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
WOW - Gracie's Nana - Good Girl - I am already to do a raffle at our Jewelry Store - you have a myriad of wonderful ideas. Let's pick up the banner and run. Thank you. I have another Nana - ready to do a golf outing - Let's show the world what the over 50'a gang can do. Loves - edie

#22197 - 08/02/06 09:05 PM Re: FUND RAISERS
cusem7b Offline

Loc: Gainesville, Ga USA
If we can get many to get involved and raise $500 per family and get 200 families involved - we have $100,000 BIG MONEY!!

#22198 - 08/03/06 01:00 AM Re: FUND RAISERS
GRACIES NANA Offline

Loc: MARIETTA, GA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cusem7b:
If we can get many to get involved and raise $500 per family and get 200 families involved - we have $100,000 BIG MONEY!!

IF WE DREAM IT, WE CAN DO IT!

#22199 - 08/11/06 09:04 PM Re: FUND RAISERS
AdamsMom Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
Hi everyone! I am so glad to see this grandparents section on the board! I think it is a great way for families to connect, as well as an ideal forum to brainstorm some great fundraising ideas. And that is what brings me to post...
As most of you may remember, Mark and I organized an auction in our neighborhood a couple of years ago. We raised over $42,000 for FIRST!! Our original goal was $5,000! But once we got started, it took on a life of its own. While it was a lot of work, it was not difficult work. You would not believe what you can get donated if you just ask for it. It was a great success! If anyone would like to know how went about planning it, executing it, etc... I would be more than happy to share what we did. If we could pull it off, so can anyone else! October is a few months away (plenty of time to plan!) and it would be a great way to tie into Ichthyosis Week.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information