Topic Options
#22187 - 07/21/06 08:35 PM Collection
Nana-1 Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA
I just thought of another idea we might like to pursue but I definitely need help with this one. Are there any ARTISTS?? out there?? We could design a COLLECTION BOX, similar to MS/Jerry's kids. Unfortunately, I have no talents in this area but if we keep it simple, costs should not be too much of a factor.

We all frequent and support many small business (some of us or our friends may actually have one) - we go to the hairdresser, the barber, the cleaners, video stores, etc. and these proprietors
would gladly support our collection efforts. I have checked with several of them already and they very kindly almost enthusiasticly acquiesced.

If we can collect $5.00 per week from 3 - 5 locations, times 52, times 1800 - wow [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I can't even do the math.

What do you think??

COME-ON GRANNIES - let's get this Board fired up - PLEASE!!!!

#22188 - 07/22/06 01:42 PM Re: Collection
Chrissie Offline

Loc: The Gap, Brisbane, Qld Austral...
The collection box idea! from "fired up Nan" hee hee!

I hope I don't offend anyone with my idea, but why not have a "skin tin", perhaps similar to the pattern of the Ichthyosis.

Skin is the largest organ we have...lets market it.

I really need sleep, I've been trying to catch up with all the news on the site.
Cheers from Down Under
Chrissie

#22189 - 07/22/06 09:16 PM Re: Collection
Nana-1 Offline

[img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/redface.gif[/img] Sorry, perhaps this was just not such a good idea. If anyone has some other ideas, please let us know.

#22190 - 07/22/06 09:25 PM Re: Collection
Nana-1 Offline

My intentions here were never to "market" but hopefully to raise research funds. All your suggestions and ideas are welcome. The more we have, the more we share, the more we can pick and choose as to what is appropriate for us to pursue. Thank you.

#22191 - 07/23/06 02:16 AM Re: Collection
shandra Offline
Dakota's mom Lamellar

Loc: Cape Coral, FL
Nana I think it is a really good idea I had thought about doing something like that when Dakota was born, but just never did. I get so busy between my office and him and everything else I just never have time for anything more it seems like

#22192 - 07/23/06 02:26 AM Re: Collection
jds Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Nana,
You sound like a very resourceful and creative women. I think your idea is great. I, like Shandra, have very good intentions that sometimes get lost in the shuffle of life. Keep posting all your idea. The more ideas generated the more likely to find something that people are passonite about and willing to devote their time to. I am just very glad you are this dedicated to helping raise funds to research your granddaughter's (as well as all of our loved ones/selves) condition. One person's goodwill can be contagious. Best wish on all your endeavors. Again, I really do like the idea of the collection tins.
lamellar ichthyosis

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information