Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20989 - 05/06/08 07:26 PM Re: Can it be true ?
didi4nyc Offline

Loc: ny
do not listen to your teacher! I myself have come a long way and this month I will graduate with a Masters in Counseling. In order to get this degree I had to do an internship and work with the general public, it was amazing! Please do not anyone stop you from achieving your dreams!
Dianna
Netherton Syndrome

#26455 - 06/14/10 07:09 PM Re: Can it be true ? [Re: didi4nyc]
Dignity_Gurl Offline

Loc: Denmark
Thank you so much everyone for the support. I really appreciate it. Life has been kinda difficult lately but i try my best to stay happy and have faith in myself. I dont wanna disappoint my parents. They have done soo much for me .. But no matter how hard i try, it always hit me that im different than evryone else. And i get really upset and sometimes i cry. But i never tell my parents, i dont want them to get upset. I only talk about it with my friends.
It's really hard for me to accept who i am. I really try .. but never succeed.

#26500 - 06/17/10 02:46 PM Re: Can it be true ? [Re: Dignity_Gurl]
MomofPrincesses Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
I completely agree with what everyone has said, you set your dreams as high as you want and you do what it takes to get there! You CAN do it!!

#26585 - 07/04/10 09:38 AM Re: Can it be true ? [Re: Promiseland_dup1]
maylin Offline

I think that thought is totally wrong. Me and my brother are both suffering from ichthyosis. I am studying geoscience which I go under the sun a lot and may be going off shores. My brother is currently taking medical. Though our skin does annoy us during our sleep and study hours (where we spent a lot of time applying lotion and scratching) but it doesn't stop us. We just need to fight our skin condition or else it will stop us from everything. If you can't be a doctor with ichthyosis, same goes to being a teacher. It can't be right that teachers can have ichthyosis and doctors can't. I wish you all the best. Don't let ichthyosis stop you. smile

#26681 - 07/25/10 01:08 PM Re: Can it be true ? [Re: Promiseland_dup1]
samehk Offline

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (at the ignorant, shouldn't be in charge but is, teacher.)
You can do anything you want. Our mothers said it, our fathers, are grand-parents and so on, but it's true. Do what you want and later on down the years, don't think of doing the salsa with your scrubs and degree in her face, find comfort you'll be helping people and one day might even be helping her.
: )

#28212 - 01/20/12 03:18 PM Re: Can it be true ? [Re: Dignity_Gurl]
Anonymous
Unregistered

they said humans can't fly, someone did
they said humans can't go faster than sound, someone did
they said humans can't go to the moon, someone did
they said humans can't split the atom, someone did

there is no such thing as can't, only won't.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information