Topic Options
#20641 - 06/03/03 05:27 PM Jordan is going back to Camp Horizon
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
She's sooo excited. And to add to that, she starts High School in the fall...any advice?

#20642 - 06/03/03 07:37 PM Re: Jordan is going back to Camp Horizon
KatieCakes Offline

Loc: Boston & South Attleboro, MA, ...
I'm so excited for her!!! She'll have so much fun at camp and she'll do awesome in high school. I am a counselor now at teen camp so next summer I'll get to see her at teen camp and the FIRST conference I hope! Thanks for the congrats on my graduation..I'm so proud of myself..not to sound conceded...hehe. My advice would be to be proud of who you are and be outgoing. If people stare at your skin or ask about it don't be afriad to talk to them...spreading awareness is a great gift. Don't let ignorance get you down..it will affect you and it will hurt but Jordan is such a strong girl and she was given her skin for a purpose. A quote I love from the Bible helps me to understand why I was given my skin and why all of us were : "There once was a blind man. The crowd asked Jesus why the man was blind. They said "Father, is it because of the man's sins or the sins of his parents that cause him to be blind. Jesus replies" It is not a matter of sins. This man is blind so that God's light may shine through him." So I believe that Jordan can do so much good with her ich...and also to remember it is only a part of her..a very special part..but she is a normal healthy teenager who is beautiful and will go far. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about who you are and always stand up for what you believe in. Remember to love others with your whole heart and that giving is so much more rewarding than recieving. And I can't wait to see you all soon!!!

Katie

#20643 - 06/03/03 08:23 PM Re: Jordan is going back to Camp Horizon
Solomon Rumicha Offline

Katie,

I was so surprised when you quoted this verse from the Bible. You know why ? The day my son was born, me and my wife cried a lot and opend the bible blindly and we read exactly this verse. It was a great comfort. Still after 6 years when people harshly comment that, it is our sin why God gave us a child with this kind of problem, I always tell them to read this verse.
I think God has every reason to use it for his Glory.
God bless you.

#20644 - 06/03/03 10:47 PM Re: Jordan is going back to Camp Horizon
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
Katie...thank you so much for that beautiful verse...believe it or not, I have never read that particular one...thank you so much for sharing it

#20645 - 06/09/03 07:56 PM Re: Jordan is going back to Camp Horizon
Margaret Offline

Loc: Virginia
I can't wait to see Jordan--I'm going to be a junior counselor [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]. Tell Jordan to email me.

Love'n hugs,
Margaret

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information