Topic Options
#20632 - 05/29/03 03:28 AM College.....
Becky Offline

Loc: Peachtree City,Ga, USA
Hi! My name is Becky, I am 19 and a college student at Auburn University. I have Llam. Ich! At first I was sooo afraid to go to college beacause of that. I was scared that I would not fit in, and the whole creaming up and other stuff that we all have to do for our skin to feel good, would make me stand out. But I was wrong! I have never been so happy, I loved my first year. People there are much more mature than those in high school, where they do not judge you on things such as your skin. I have met some people that I know will be my friends for life!! So I just wanted to hear some other people's experieces, and maybe get some people that I can e-mail!! Cause I have learned that the more info that I have to help my skin, the better it is!!! Thanks!!

#20633 - 05/30/03 06:17 PM Re: College.....
KatieCakes Offline

Loc: Boston & South Attleboro, MA, ...
Omgoodness....I just graduated from high school yesterday and am so nervous about college for the same reasons you were..I'd love to talk to you more about it. You can email me at tayslilight_13@hotmail.com ! I can't wait to hear from you.

Katie

#20634 - 06/02/03 05:11 PM Re: College.....
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
wow I am so glad to know that eventually people start to grow up...I've always been telling Jordan that some people will mature and some will always be a-holes. I will get Jordan to read your post when she gets home today....oh and hello Katie...congratulations on your graduation

#20635 - 06/03/03 04:29 AM Re: College.....
Becky Offline

Loc: Peachtree City,Ga, USA
Yes it is a good thing that people do grow up, but some just don't, but sometimes you just have to realize those people are not worth your time. I know it is mean to say, and sometimes you like a certain guy that you can't get over( trust me that has happen to me about 100 times!) but somethings just have to be let go, to make yourself more stronger! But yeah I have met more people in college that like me for me, than I ever thought was possible!! I joined a sorority, which I didn't think I could do, and it's just been a great year! I would love to talk to anyone else!!!!

#20636 - 06/03/03 01:44 PM Re: College.....
icevest03 Offline

Loc: Upton, MA, USA
hey becky, you had instant messaged me on AIM, but I lost your screename it didn't save to my buddylist, so could you please just IM me again at D Stallz the next time you are on. I just graduated myself as well. I am going to Savannah College of Art and Design down in Georgia. I'm looking forward to it. Talk to me on AIM cause i'd also like to chat.

------------------
Ichthyosis Vulgaris & Sweating Disorder

#20637 - 06/13/03 05:37 AM Re: College.....
REY Offline

Loc: California
Hi

I'm 19 and I was just diagnosed today. I think in my case it's not so severe. I have it on my arms, it looks a bit like acne. I really don't know what type of moisturizer I should use. any ideas? My doc said to use baby oil, what works for you? I'm desperate, I'm embarassed to use short sleeves.

#20638 - 06/13/03 02:11 PM Re: College.....
Mark Bryce Offline

Loc: Piscataway, NJ USA
Morning Rey,

We use Aquaphore on my son Ryan, He has a mild case as well. It seems to help him.

My son is only 2 and has a long way to go but can I ask how did the Ichthyosis affect you growing up? I do not have it, neather does my wife. So we are at a bit of a loss knowing what to expect. I hope this qwestion does not offend you.

#20639 - 06/13/03 05:17 PM Re: College.....
REY Offline

Loc: California
No offense taken. It never really bothered my until I got into high school. Thats when people start to notice your flaws. In the winter I have no problem becuase I wear long-sleeve. In the summer is when I stress over it. I have light skin so it more noticeable. How does your son's look?

#20640 - 06/18/03 12:49 PM Re: College.....
Mark Bryce Offline

Loc: Piscataway, NJ USA
He has some scalling on his scalp and on his trunk. On the joint area of his arm and legs. no where else. Thanks for answering by the way.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information