Topic Options
#20539 - 12/18/00 02:05 AM Hello?
jesique Offline

Loc: Copperas Cove, TX, USA
Hello!
My name is Nadine, Im an 18 year old female and I have lameller ichthyosis. I have had it from birth and have never met anyone with it or any other form of ichthyosis. In fact I have only ever talked to one person with it. And she was older than me. Basically Im a normal girl..trying to live a normal life with a very intresting skin disorder. [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] I would love to talk to other teens and even get some email. Thanks!
Nadine.

#20540 - 01/29/01 08:30 PM Re: Hello?
Videlspider Offline

Loc: Pamplona,Norte de Santander,Co...
Hi!!!I 19 years old and Im from latinAmerica...I think that you`re lucky,'cause I've never seen any person with ichtyosis but me...I'm not normal,I'm really special,and maybe is becuse of the ichty...I love to have e-friends,so if you wanna write:videl_spider@hotmail.com...bye! [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#20541 - 03/08/01 08:39 PM Re: Hello?
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Hi Nadine. I'm 28 years old and I have lamellar ichthyosis. I am sure there are other teenagers out there that have it too. Just now I finally found someone geographically close enough for me to meet who's in my age range. It really means a lot to me.

The best place for you to meet someone your own age that also has lamellar ichthyosis is to go the FIRST conference that Laura mentioned. It's in Seattle during the summer of 2002. I know that seems like a really long way off, but, look at it this way, if your family is not able to help you out financially to go to the conference, you've got a little over a year to earn the money you need for it.

In the meantime, post on this board as often as you can, and if your goal is to meet someone your age and with your type of ichthyosis, list your age and the type of ichthyosis in every single post. More and more people visit this site every day, and if your initial post is at the very bottom, they might not find it. This type is actually applicable to everyone who uses any message board and wants to meet someone to discuss a topic.

#20542 - 01/22/02 03:09 PM Re: Hello?
Lu Offline

Loc: Britain
Hey Nadine! I am 18 as well with ichthyosis and have had it since birth. However, only recently have the Drs actually started doing anything about it! I am starting a course of Light Therapy and thi will hopefully help. You are the first person of my own age that I have heard of that has this. It would be great to hear more from you..if you wanted to email me?! My email address is louisechandler18@hotmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon, Louise x

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information