Topic Options
#20454 - 05/01/07 09:27 PM Coconut Oil and Borage
GymRat Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA USA
A friend of mine suggested I try coconut oil capsules since it helped her friend. I have been taking it for a few months now and it has really helped me. My eyes don't get so dry any more. The lady who does my facials has noticed a big difference. The bottle suggests up to 8 capsules a day. I take 2 twice a day usually.

Also, has anyone tried Borage capsules? I haven't tried it yet. I have been seeing a new dermatologist who specializes in Ichthyosis and she knows nothing about coconut oil or the other oil capsules.

K.I.D. at heart,
Valerie

------------------

#20455 - 05/02/07 07:51 AM Re: Coconut Oil and Borage
graciesmom Offline

Loc: orange park, florida,usa
A lady at our local health food store suggested using borage oil on my daughters scalp to help remove scales. She told us to break the capsule in half and rub the oil on the scalp at night. I haven't tried it yet but have been meaning to. I guess it's worth a try!

#30272 - 02/20/16 11:15 PM Re: Coconut Oil and Borage [Re: GymRat]
deepak Offline

consider adding coconut oil directly in diet instead of taking capsules , you can get coconut oil for cooking from indian stores

#30277 - 05/07/16 09:23 AM Re: Coconut Oil and Borage [Re: GymRat]
stkacljm Offline

Loc: Wisconsin Rapids, Wi, USA
Also, consider replacing coconut oil, butter, and animal fats in cooking rather than processed oils. Every little step in treating our bodies better makes a difference in our skin and vegetable/canola oils and margarine are terrible for us. Lard has gotten a bad rep, but it is a traditional food that actually has quite a few health benefits to it, especially for our skin. One note, the lard or other animal fats must be sourced from healthy animals...a local farmer or such. I would not ever buy lard from the bucket at our local grocery store as it is sourced from animals that are not raised in a healthy environment or fed a healthy diet and are shot up with antibiotics. Consider making some lifestyle changes and eating real food. God bless!

#30702 - 12/09/18 03:05 PM Re: Coconut Oil and Borage [Re: GymRat]
Clair1 Offline

Loc: USA
We have used Borage Oil and Calendula oil for 4 years in a beeswax salve, it works as an anti itch, anti bite, anti burn, anti inflammatory

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information