Hi I am the mother of a 5 year old son who has Lamellar ichthyosis. He was about 9 weeks old when I first noticed that something was wrong with his skin. So I took him to a Dermetologist and has a skin core taken and tested. I am not a big fan of doctors. But I did start using the cetaphil cream and aquaphor they recommended. Have been using them since. But I have never used any presribed creams.
I took my son to see a homeopathic Doctor, and he told me that it was an over production of yeast in his system call candida. So I went on a Candida cleanse and took tinctures, and gave my son tinctures, I was still breastfeeding, Now a lot of junk came out of his body, but it didn't cure the ichthyosis. I did notice a difference in his skin. So diet does effect a persons skin.
One day I ran into a friend who knew I had a son with a skin disorder, and invited me to a get together she was having on essential oils. I was skeptical about going, but I was highly interested in learning something new. I had been using essential oils of lavander and tea tree oil already which I purchased from a local health food store. They hadn't been doing much good. Like I say I was skeptical about going to the meeting. When we gathered my friend begin to pass around these bottle of oils and letting us smell them. I have never smelled Lavender oil, or peppermint oil like that before. There is definitaly a difference in therapeutic grade essenitial oils from the Now brand oil, etc. The Youngliving essential oils are striking different from all other oils. It was just like I had pick an organic plant of peppermint and lavender. It was fantastic. Next she had us rub the oils on eachothers feet. She started with wonderful smelling oil called Valor. The person applying the oil rubbed it on the bottom of my feet and then held her hands against my feet for a number of minutes. The energy pulsating from that oil was remarkable. It was relaxing and soothing, if you all lived close by, I would invite you over for a Valor moment, everyone should have one.
Anyway, the gal giving the information suggested a couple of oils I could start with for my son, Laurus nobilis and Spikenard or (Nardostachys jatamansi) it was highly regarded in India as a perfume, medicinal herb, and skin tonic. Prized at the time of Christ, it was used by Mary of Bethany to anoint the feet of Jesus before the Last Supper. This relaxing, soothing oil helps nourish and regenerate the skin. So I purchased these two oils along with the Mixing oil, and I faithfull applyed it to my sons body every night and morning for about 2 months. I couldn't believe the difference in his skin. I wanted to learn more and try more of these oils. So next I purchased an essential 7 kit, which has lavender, peppermint, lemon, panaway, joy, purification, and peace & calming. Also I purchased a bottle of melrose, which has the Melaleuca in it. Melrose is used topically for cleansing cuts, scrapes, burns, rashes and stressed tissues.* Melrose also helps dispel odors and mildew. My son has never suffered a day with infections on his skin. He loves the lavender and peppermint oils for cooling and itching. Lavender has also calmed his anixeties along with the peace & calming.
It has been probably 4 and half years I have been using these oils. I would love for the ichythosis family to get familiar with them and experiment with them and give me more feedback, on if they work on other types of ichthyosis.
I am looking forward to responses, if someone has already tried the youngliving oils I would love to hear from you, if not I would love to have you try it and let me know what you think.

thank you,
Michelle