Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#20284 - 04/15/05 08:10 AM Re: Penta Water
invisible Offline

HI Hearsay,

How could i know the gene ... I got it from my mother ...Is these test common? where can it be done ??

Invisible

Quote:
Originally posted by Hearsay:
If you know the gene, you can do IVF/PGD and screen out the embryos with the disorder. Or you can do an amniotic fluid test at the end of the first/beginning second trimester, and abort if it is positive. Other than that, I know no way to prevent the gene from being passed on except pure luck. If you don't know the gene, your only option is pure luck or don't reproduce. Sorry.

#20285 - 04/15/05 05:42 PM Re: Penta Water
dpatock Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hi Invisible,
We just had the gene testing done for our daughter through a company called GeneDX. It is very simple to do through your dermatologist, but it is expensive ($1400 if your insurance won't cover it). We did a test for LI for our daughter. The doctor took a skin biopsy from my daughter (requires 1-2 stitches) and they took cheek swabs of me, my husband, and my daughter. We got the results in ~6 weeks. It will tell you exactly which gene is affected, and it confirmed that my husband and I are both carriers and which gene is "mutated" in us. Hope this info helps. Try your doctor directly. I have the phone number of GeneDX, but it is at work (I am home today). If you would like to speak to them directly, they are very helpful as well. (just let me know, and I can get the number for you)
--Darcie

#20286 - 04/18/05 04:58 AM Re: Penta Water
invisible Offline

Hi Darcie,

Thanks for your reply! I got IV from my mother, so should we both have to be tested or just mine .... Is it possible to know if the kid is infected or not before the birth??

Quote:
Originally posted by dpatock:
Hi Invisible,
We just had the gene testing done for our daughter through a company called GeneDX. It is very simple to do through your dermatologist, but it is expensive ($1400 if your insurance won't cover it). We did a test for LI for our daughter. The doctor took a skin biopsy from my daughter (requires 1-2 stitches) and they took cheek swabs of me, my husband, and my daughter. We got the results in ~6 weeks. It will tell you exactly which gene is affected, and it confirmed that my husband and I are both carriers and which gene is "mutated" in us. Hope this info helps. Try your doctor directly. I have the phone number of GeneDX, but it is at work (I am home today). If you would like to speak to them directly, they are very helpful as well. (just let me know, and I can get the number for you)
--Darcie

#20287 - 04/30/05 12:43 AM Re: Penta Water
Rusty Matthews Offline

Loc: Dalls, TX, USA
I gathered what I know from the people at HydroAnalytics and Hydroneering: http://home.earthlink.net/~microwater/hydroanalytics/
Iím told water clusters are a temporary phenomena and dissipate within 24 hours. If Penta has a permanent cluster, that is not found anywhere in nature. Who says this synthetic cluster is good for you in the first place? No one knows! I, for one, am not interested in making me and my family into guinea pigs IF itís even real in the first place. I do drink microwater which does correspond to water found in rare natural springs like Trinity Springs. I make the water right at home. Until Penta has done some animal or human studies, I figure it could be damaging IF it works and irrelavent if not.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information