Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20274 - 03/17/05 05:09 PM Re: Penta Water
anti-hearsay Offline

Loc: durango, colorado
Hearsay,

I will answer for you since it seems to be something you enjoy doing: Yes, I'm a first time poster, or whatever you call it.

I just heard about this Penta water from a friend here in town and I did a search, which directed me to this forum.

I think this is a discussion board, and not a "boast that I'm more intelligent (even though you didn't directly say it), because I'm a physiologist, not doing any research to back my claims" board. You may complain that I am displaying an attitude, but I'm just reciprocating what you have demonstrated to everyone on this page.

I haven't done enough research at the moment to make a statement on what I believe is the credibility of this water. I think it would be interesting to actually do a double blind study on human subjects. That is probably the only way to tell. Your suggestion of the two week A water/B water test is totally bogus. I think you ought to know better. First of all, the two samples of water would undergo variations in storage conditions. Second the variables under which the subject would be subject would also be variable. Both of these need to be constant to establish any sort of data.

I could go on and on about your posts, but I'll let you reflect a moment on your inability to communicate like a civil human being.

#20275 - 03/17/05 06:21 PM Re: Penta Water
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Just to update - my daughter no longer drinks Penta as she "doesn't like it". She does, however, still drink about 1/2 litre per day of tap or mineral, depending on what is available. So, as I am stuck with rather a lot of Penta, I have been drinking a bottle (sometimes more) a day for the last 3 weeks. I can honestly say that I don't see as difference in either my daughter or myself so who knows for sure if it really works or not. But, having said that, my daughter does look very good but I think that is due to the following daily routine:

Breakfast - a glass of freshly pressed carrot, apple, cucumber, celery, apple, orange and beetroot juice.
Morning shower followed by a spray of 50/50 mixture of glycerine and water (I read someone does this on the bulletin board and it does work wonders), Once this is absorbed we put on either Eucerin or Lacticare and seal it all in with either Epaderm or Palmers Cocoa Butter (the hard stuff in the tub, not the lotion)
Complement this with about 1/2 3/4 litres water throughout the day and my daughter looks an absolute babe!

Anyway, back to the Penta, while I don't want to slate the product I certainly won't be buying any more.

Best regards to all,

Sonia.

#20276 - 03/17/05 11:43 PM Re: Penta Water
Connor Offline

Loc: Kansas City KS
Hi,

Im also from UK (Bristol) and also read about the 50/50 glycerin/water mix. As your from UK can you tell me where you got your supplies from?

Thanks

#20277 - 03/18/05 10:26 AM Re: Penta Water
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Connor,
The glycerin you can get from any pharmacy (I got mine from the Sainsburys instore pharmacy), I can't remember the price but I think it's onlyt a couple of quid for a medium sized bottle. The plastic spray bottle I got from Superdrug for 75p, quite small so easy to carry around.

Take care,

Sonia

#20278 - 03/18/05 02:53 PM Re: Penta Water
Lisa Marie Offline

Loc: NY
Open-Minded and Anti-Hearsay,

Since you two are first time posters, you are not aware of both the Dynamic of this bulletin board and the added value Hearsay has given to it.
Firstly, Everyone on this board is here to help each other and support their findings in treating this condition. It is often said that what works for one, may not work for another. People donít bash each other on this board and create names to pinpoint one person (Anti-Hearsay Ö..) Secondly, Hearsay has a terrific grasp on many points of Ichthyosis and has helped many of us understand the genetic side.
Iím sure she can defend herself on this post, but Iíd rather not see people just coming on here to bash other people.
Iím with her in not believing this new water would do anything other than what regular water would do.

#20279 - 03/18/05 07:38 PM Re: Penta Water
anti-hearsay Offline

Loc: durango, colorado
Alright. I am aware that I "was" a first timer on this forum. I may not be aware of the "added value" that Hearsay has brought.

Like I said in the first post, I didn't come here because of the illness that should be the topic here. I was doing some research on the water and this was the result that was presented in the search engine.

I just thought I would point out the flaws in what Hearsay had to say about the water. It is obvious that you look up to her. I'm not saying she's a bad person, and maybe she has helped you in other ways. As a scientist, who is probably more qualified to determine the legitimacy of the water that Hearsay, I thought you might want to know when you are being fed b.s.

The clusters that form in water are able to be contolled when you subject it to a certain amount of energy. There are many different types of clusters, each requiring a specific energy to hold the bond (for example a six sided cluster containing 6 water molecules). The problem with the water is that these clusters can only hold the bond for so long, before the cluster breaks down. What I'm researching is if they can preserve the engery long enough for this water to be effective affter it has been bottled. Since energy travels well through water, it is important to purify that water so no other molecules can interfere with the induced bond.

Since I'm not done researching I can't provide a verdict, but as a physiologist (and only reading what you see on the internet), that is not enough to provide anyone with advice about this topic.

Anyway, I'd like to apologize for seeming like I was trying to bash people. I will no longer post here.

#20280 - 03/23/05 08:46 PM Re: Penta Water
badscientist Offline

Loc: london uk
Posters may be interested to know:
#1 As of this month (check their website for adjudications) the UKs Advertising Standards Authority has banned Penta from advertising in UK, as the company could not substantiate its interesting and profitable claims.
#2 Surrey County Council Trading Standards Authority are investigating on behalf of a number of Local Authorities in England whether Penta, as currently and extravagantly labelled, should continue to be displayed and sold in Retail Outlets.
#3 Dr Ben Goldacre's Bad Science column in The Guardian at www.guardian.co.uk has featured Penta an unprecedented 4 times this year, some of them mentioning the unpleasant and threatening messages which he received after his first article - which was not complimentary about the molecular restructuring claims.
#4 Thats all folks! Peace and love.

#20281 - 04/07/05 02:11 AM Re: Penta Water
kjworldwide Offline

Loc: Carrollton, Tx 75010
Sorry I was using the search engine and this came up, I know about penta water and that the concept is actually pretty sound and that similar products have been marketed for a while, Penta however is one the lesser brands, it has only a two week shelf life. Another brand that is similar with a longer shelf life is called H206 water and has been around for a little while. However the company that previously marketed and distributed it was bought out and the new company is pantenting a new product that will follow the same concept. From what I understand it will retain the same name. if you would like more info please email me at josh@kjworldwide.org

#20282 - 04/14/05 09:55 AM Re: Penta Water
invisible Offline

Is there any way by which i can make sure that my IV won't be transferred to my kid ...

#20283 - 04/14/05 01:06 PM Re: Penta Water
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by invisible:
Is there any way by which i can make sure that my IV won't be transferred to my kid ...

If you know the gene, you can do IVF/PGD and screen out the embryos with the disorder. Or you can do an amniotic fluid test at the end of the first/beginning second trimester, and abort if it is positive. Other than that, I know no way to prevent the gene from being passed on except pure luck. If you don't know the gene, your only option is pure luck or don't reproduce. Sorry.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information