Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20254 - 06/08/04 01:27 PM Penta Water
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I just wondered if anyone has tried drinking Penta water. I've just heard about this in the UK and bought 10 cases as Penta is proven to offer greater intracellular hydration. My daughter is on 1 x 500ml bottle a day but as she only started last week, it's a bit to early to tell whether it is helping. Anyway, if anyone else is or has tried it I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Best regards to all,

Sonia

#20255 - 06/08/04 11:50 PM Re: Penta Water
JoshsMummy Offline

Loc: QLD Australia
Hi there Sonia
My name is Kandice. I live in South Australia and have never heard of this water but I would love to hear more about it.
My son is 9 months old & suffers from an undiagnosed form of Ich. Unfortunately its almost impossible to get Josh to drink water, he weaned himself from the breast at 8.5 months & is now on formula to keep up his liquids & also for the extra nutrients. If there is a water that is more hydrating than regular water I would love to get it for Josh!
I hope your daughter has some benefits from the water soon, may I ask her age & if she has a diagnosis? Im still very much learning about the world of Ichthyosis as I suppose we all are!
Thanks Sonia and good luck!

------------------

#20256 - 06/09/04 02:46 AM Re: Penta Water
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
As a physiology teacher, I'd have to say that the Penta Water claims are completely absurd.

Rather than reinvent the wheel, here's slightly disjointed link on the subject:
http://www.randi.org/jr/08-24-01.html

water is water is water. Don't waste your money.

Jennifer
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#20257 - 06/09/04 04:28 PM Re: Penta Water
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Kandice,
The website in the US is http://www.pentawater.com. You could contact them and ask if they ship internationally. Actually, I gave my daughter Aiesha a clustered water product last year but I she didn't really take it enough for me so see any result (assuming there was going to be one). I've also stopped trying different remedies as with each product, hopes would be raised and then dashed - hence it was psychologically damaging. The only reason I have tried this water is because Aiesha already drinks around 3/4 litres day.
Anyway, good luck!

Best regards,

Sonia

#20258 - 06/13/04 01:50 AM Re: Penta Water
threerxli Offline

Loc: virginia
AMEN ! I completely agree with Hearsay...

#20259 - 08/16/04 10:22 PM Re: Penta Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy Cow! I saw a case of Penta water today at the whole foods market. It was $30 for a 24 bottle case, the same size as any other case of water. What's even more unbelievable is that is was on sale, normally it was $50 a case. Keep in mind I was shopping in a Manhattan Beach health food store, but $50 a case, WOW.
Keith.

#20260 - 12/27/04 07:24 PM Re: Penta Water
h2o6 Offline

This is in reference to molecular clustered water. Clustered Water (not specifically Penta) in the recent years has received some attention throughout the research community. You'll find the article written by the well meaning, uninformed doctor was written before most of the info on clustered water was published. In fact these studies on water channels in cell membranes won Peter Agre the Nobel Peace Price in Chemistry for 2003. Do more research before discounting the ideas of visionaries. "Miracle drug"? Maybe not, benificial, most definitely.

#20261 - 12/28/04 05:30 PM Re: Penta Water
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
This site:
http://www.chem1.com/CQ/aquaporin.html

was put up BY PETER AGRE HIMSELF. There are links to an article in Science Magazine on this very topic.

Water is water is water is water. There is NO SUCH THING as clustered water.

Peter Agre's research is on pores in the cells that differentiate how much water a cell takes in and how quickly the cell absorbs water. Plain old tap water. Distilled water. Any kind of water. Water is water is water after you drink it, anyway. That's the whole point. The body is efficient in figuring out what it needs and what it doesn't. Even if you drink mineral water, the body absorbs the minerals and the water in different places. Buying a fancy product isn't going to change the fact that it is plain old water. You can't buy a product that will change the molecular composition of pores in your cells. If you can, someone ELSE will have a Nobel Prize in chemistry AND genetics!

Jennifer
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#20262 - 12/29/04 09:51 AM Re: Penta Water
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Kandice. How have you been, hope you had a lovely Xmas with your son?

Listen, I know you welcomed this product because you are finding it hard to get your son to drink pure water, but really the others are right...don't waste your money...

I have found that when I do bother to drink enough water, my skin is sooo soft, on my hands and arms, it is truly amazing, and I HATE WATER ALSO...

how about adding low calorie concentrated cordial to the water, just to take that bland taste away...but don't make it tooo sweat, if you don't want him having too much artificial stuff, just to give the flavoured taste...

See how that goes...
Pauline.

#20263 - 02/01/05 07:16 PM Re: Penta Water
rand Offline

Loc: san bernardino
OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
"hearsay"
noun>information which cannot be adequately substantiated; rumor.

Do the research before dismissing the benefits of Micro Clustered Water. Several medical physicians I have spoken with recently have done the research and are very excited about the potential of this product. The USA Swim Team will be using and supporting this product. Their executive committee did not sit around the board room looking for the next scam to support.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information