Topic Options
#20188 - 02/28/02 10:06 AM Accupunture
Netta Offline

Loc: Tel Aviv, Israel
This is my first time posting a message here. This site has helped me tremendously, what a thrill to learn that there are so many people out there with the same symptoms as me! I've also learned so much here - I never even realized that my "heat" isue was related to my skin issue!

One of the symptoms of my ichtyosis is that I get very hot as soon as I begin exercising or even sit in a hot place (under the sun). My face gets tomato red and my head starts to throb. It is extremely uncomfortable and I usually have to stop exercising because it leads invariably to long-lasting headaches. The "keeping cool" hints on this site have been great for me.
But enough with the sob story: I am currently seeing an accupunturist who is truly helping with the heat issue. She is not sure she will be able to help my skin itself, but I am already seeing results in terms of my face getting excessivly red and sweaty during exercise. She pokes tiny needles into body points related to the lungs / breathing. I promise, it is not painful and definitely worth any discomfort.
I hope this helps you (let me know!)
Natalie

#20189 - 02/28/02 11:51 AM Re: Accupunture
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Natalie,
Good to hear that the acupuncture is helping. I must admit, it's not something I've tried for my daughter (she's 6 years old and has LI). However, I have noticed that cold doesn't actually affect her too bad - only if it's windy. Since the winter we've just had was only cold, her skin did really well and she looked "normal" for most of it.

Best regards,

Sonia

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information