Topic Options
#20139 - 04/17/01 01:53 PM Wild Oregano Oil!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone ever tried Wild Oregano Oil? A woman who uses alot of homeopathic remedies gave me a bottle and told me to try it. I have only put it in once so far in a small spot and all I could smell all day was "pizza sauce", it has a very strong smell. It can also be taken internally but I don't want to try that route yet. It contains cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and wild oregano leaf, and boy does it have a strong smell. If anyone can tell me anymore about this or if they have tried it please let me know. Keith.

#20140 - 04/18/01 04:57 AM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
Nikkster Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Hi Keith,

Just a quick question. Weren't you trying some experimental creams? How are those working or not working?

Nikkster

#20141 - 04/19/01 01:39 PM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Nikkster,
Yes, I am participating in an experiment using Tazorac on one side of my body and Lachydrin on the other. The Tazorac works great, too good in fact. My arm is almost completely clear except a few spots, I put the Tazorac on the other day like normal all over my arm and the spots that are already clear literally "bubbled" and became blistery and raw. I haven't been using it for a couple days and the blisters continue to appear. I think I just need to stop applying the tazorac when I have cleared and wait for the scales to start growing back before I apply it again. As far as the Lachydrin goes, it doesn't really do anything for my EHK at all. It smells and burns a little but that is about it. One other thing, the Tazorac could never clear my hands completely, my knees and elbows either. Everywhere else could clear in as little as 4 days but my worst spots it had a very sloww clearing effect on.
Keith.

#20142 - 04/19/01 03:15 PM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
While we're on the subject of oil, you may want to check out "Black Seed Oil" which is supposed to "cure everything except death". I just read this extract on the web:
"Black Seed is one of the oldest medicinal plants known in human history. It was used by the Assyrians long before the Egyptians who also used it. A vial of Black Seed oil was found in King Tut's tomb. The book of Isaiah in the Old Testament talks about it. Various medieval herbals extolled its virtues but its biggest supporter was probably the founder of Islam, Muhammed, who said "Black Seed will cure anything...except death." Today it is called the "Seed of Blessing" in the Middle East because of its usefulness in so many conditions.

Black Seed has been forgotten by the west until recently. Now over 200 scientific papers have been published about its virtues.

The oil is rich in nutrients including Essential Fatty Acids, vitamins, minerals, various monosaccharides, 8 of the 9 essential amino acids, carotenoids, non-starch polysaccharides, sterol/sterolins, etc. There are actually more than a hundred substances many of which are unique. It is not known whether individual substances, e.g. nigellin, are responsible for its healing effects or, as with most herbs, the combination does the job."

You are supposed to ingest it and also apply topically. But pregnant women MUST AVOID IT.

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone has tried this.

Regards to all,

Sonia.

#20143 - 04/20/01 10:09 PM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
Rosalie Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Eu...
Hi Keith,

Could you please tell me what the active ingredients of Tazorac are so I can ask my derm about availabillity in The Netherlands?

As for the oregano oil...I prefer just eating a pizza!

#20144 - 04/21/01 05:50 AM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
The only thing I really know about Tazorac is that it is chemically related to Vitamin A. I found an article on it outlining the basics of it at: http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/TAZ1429.HTM

but I don't know if it's something I would consider using.

#20145 - 04/22/01 04:47 AM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rosalie,
I'm sorry but I can't tell you about the ingredients in Tazorac, it was a "blind" test. I got the 2 tubes with labels that simply said, "left side of body", and "right side of body". I knew what was what because I already had some Lachydrin. I believe Tazorac is a topical retinoid. It is available by prescription and I hear is very expensive.
Keith.

#20146 - 01/27/05 03:52 AM Re: Wild Oregano Oil!
meshell6670 Offline

Loc: edgewood maryland
can u use Tazorac if u are xlinked ichthyosis???

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information