Topic Options
#20120 - 12/04/00 01:09 AM missing links
solutions Offline

Loc: Sacramento CA USA
greetings,
My daughter was born with llamelar ichthyosis. Of course the delivery team was awestruck with her condition and did not recognize it at all! She was immediately medivacted away to a major medical center in nearby Sacramento CA. (UC Davis Medical Center). There she remained for almost two weeks in a children’s ICU. Days went by after the birth of my child and no concrete answers were given to what her condition definitely was. This forced me to do my own research into health to see what I could make of the situation. Shortly thereafter a team of dermatologists informed me of here condition and its severity. It was grim. They offered minimal concrete information about the true nature of the dis-ease and how to over come it. As A matter of fact, the informed me that there was nothing I could do since this was a "genetic" dysfunction.
However through the grace of God, 9 months later My daughter has absolulty NO SIGHNS OF ANY LLAMELAR ICTHYOSIS OR EVEN ANY SCALING! In retrospect I must ask, how is that my daughter was able to over come the impossible is such a short amount of time? If this was a genetic disorder how can you reverse it without genetic alteration? How is it possible that my wife and I were able to avoid ALL PERSCRIBED DRUGS AND TREATMENTS and dramatically alter the state of her skin?
The answer primarily is God, and secondly it is Natural remedies. By this, I mean the elements that exists in the body as well in nature. We religiously used a complete wholistic regiment of (COLD PRESSED), rice bran oil, wheat germ oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive oil. We also constantly juiced organic fruits and vegetables (mainly carrots), and daily doses of hemp oil, flax seed oil and other essential fatty acids. These are the natural building blocks of keratin and collagen the precursors to beautiful skin. HOWEVER THE BIGGEST ASSET TO HER RECOVERY IS ORGANIC SULFUR. Organic sulfur is compound that makes up approximatley one third of your bodies make up. It exsists naturally in salt water, fresh plants, fruits and vegetables. It is an absolute necessity for healthy skin, hair and nails. Its role it the body is too detailed for me to explain here in this forum. If you would like some information
please contact me at Djsmallz@hotmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

#20121 - 12/04/00 06:24 AM Re: missing links
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi!!
Your posting is an inspiration to us all. I also have had good results with organic juices. Am I right in saying that the organic sulphur you are using is also known as MSM? If so, I'd be very interested in knowing which brand you are using and the dosage. I had actually spoken to a nutritionist about it earlier this year but it was one of those things that I never git around to trying as Aiesha was on Tahitian Noni Juice at the time. Look forward to your response,

Warmest regards,

Sonia.

#20122 - 12/04/00 08:01 PM Re: missing links
SweetOne Offline

Loc: Santa Ana, CA, Orange County
Hello

I'm happy to hear of your exciting story but I'm also afraid that you might be a little disappointed because when I was born I was born my mom noticed that my skin was abnormal and was scaling and very dried but later disappeared completley(the scaling and dryness) when I was 1-2 years old then reappeared when I began kindergarden and remained ever since. I just found this out from my mom when I revealed to her that I had found out that there is a name to my condition and that it wasn't just extremely dried skin.

Just letting you know to be aware that it could possible reoccure later in the future. Continue to give her the juices and hope that it won't. I've seen my childhood pictures and I see no signs of scaling or dryness at all.

Best wishes and good luck with your baby girl

#20123 - 12/05/00 02:07 PM Re: missing links
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Hey Sonia--Is Aiesha not taking Noni Juice anymore? What's the latest?

I'm doing another big "duh" on my part...am familiar with MSM through equine supplements (my horse gets MSM!) and now making the click that it would probably help me too. Will do some more research, but I definitely know how to get human-grade ultra pure MSM at a very good price, thanks to the horse.

#20124 - 12/08/00 04:31 PM Re: missing links
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Laura,
No, afraid Aiesha hasn't been on noni for a good few months now. All the blood tests had stopped for a while but I think the hostpital wants to do some more tests towards Christmas time 'cos they still can't determine whether she has Dorfman-Chanarin or not. Funny thing is, Dr. Chanarin used to work at the very same hospital so I don't know if they have tried to track him down out of retirement. Aiesha's also had the worst flu ever these past two weeks and the antibiotics given to her has made her come out in a terrible rash all over her torso, added to the fact that she was already dehydrated from having a temperature, she looks like she's been through a shredder (like when she was born). It's also very windy here which just rips her face apart.
I'm gonna try the MSM once the tests are done and see how that goes.

TTFN

Sonia

#20125 - 06/08/01 11:55 AM Re: missing links
Sunil Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi,
Your posting is quite an inspiration. Could
you clarify something for ...
especially what oils you have given
internally and what was applied externally.
My kid was also identified with Lamellar
icthyosis.
And about organic sulphur... where do you
get it from. I have been just using regular
common salt with his baths.
I will send an e-mail to you if I haven't
received a reply bulletin.
By the way how is your daughter now.
I hope everything is okay with her...

#20126 - 06/20/01 02:37 PM Re: missing links
Daan Offline

Loc: Zaandam, Noord-Holland, Nether...
Hi everybody,

I have been reading through this topic and am I correct that the organic sulphur mentioned can be taken in the form of MSM tablets also mentioned? MSM is this a brandname. I am asking this because I would like to see if I can get these tablet here in Holland. Thanks Daan
Quote:
Originally posted by Laura Phillips:
Hey Sonia--Is Aiesha not taking Noni Juice anymore? What's the latest?

I'm doing another big "duh" on my part...am familiar with MSM through equine supplements (my horse gets MSM!) and now making the click that it would probably help me too. Will do some more research, but I definitely know how to get human-grade ultra pure MSM at a very good price, thanks to the horse.

#20127 - 06/20/01 05:45 PM Re: missing links
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
MSM is an acronym for methylsulfonylmethane. MSM is considered "dietary" or "bio-available" sulfur. There are LOTS of different brands of MSM, and different forms (powder, tablet, gel cap, etc). It's a little bit like shopping for aspirin. You want to look for a brand that has two patent numbers on it (if you buy it from a US source, anyway) to ensure that you're getting the highest quality (that it's been made under license, in accordance with the original patented formula).

Do a search on MSM or methylsulfonylmethane in your favorite search engine on the web and you'll get LOTS of info.

Hope that helps,
L

#20128 - 09/22/04 11:53 PM Re: missing links
MIchelle Jessop Offline

Can I recommend a fantasic sulfur MSM supplement. I have just started my son who is 4 years old and has Lamellar. I just get the powdered and mix it up with water. It is very sweet tasting, but I am loving the results Check out www.youngliving.us under nutritional supplements look up Sulfurzyme. If you are interested I can tell you how to get it wholesale.

email me dmichellesemail@yahoo.com

Michelle

#20129 - 09/14/05 06:13 PM Re: missing links
ola Offline

Loc: egypt
Quote:
Originally posted by MIchelle Jessop:
Can I recommend a fantasic sulfur MSM supplement. I have just started my son who is 4 years old and has Lamellar. I just get the powdered and mix it up with water. It is very sweet tasting, but I am loving the results Check out www.youngliving.us under nutritional supplements look up Sulfurzyme. If you are interested I can tell you how to get it wholesale.

email me dmichellesemail@yahoo.com

Michelle

hi michelle
you said that you use MSM to your son so what is the result can i use it for my 16 month baby and what is the dosage
plese answer me
ola

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information