Topic Options
#20094 - 10/10/00 01:13 AM Mental work...It works for me!!!
Videlspider Offline

Loc: Pamplona,Norte de Santander,Co...
Well,I`m new in this board and I`d like to tell you my experience with that thing that I call mental work.I have ichthyoisis lamellar and I found for a chance a book named "You can Health your Life",by Louise L. Hay.I began to read it and to practice some advices (the book tries to teach you how to love yourself),then I notified that my skin it`s better now than before...my face looks "normal" and I use to be depressive almost the whole time (my life was terrible because the way that I faced my skin,and people didn`t help so much),but now I feel nice,optimistic...OK,the point is this :do the way we feel about our problem affects our appereance???...To work with our mind and selfsteem can be an alternative therapy?? ...I`ve working with the imgination and it made a big difference on my skin on me...If somebody wants to know more about this subject,write me to videlspider@terra.com...Thanks for answer!!! and,please,forget my terrible english!!!

#20095 - 10/10/00 03:05 PM Re: Mental work...It works for me!!!
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thank you very much for that. I've just checked out the book on Amazon and read all 40 reviews! Nearly everyone has given it a 5 star rating. I think it's one of those books that should be read by everyone, whether they have an ailment or not. Some of the people who have read the book use daily affirmations - basically looking at yourself in the mirror and speaking positive things regarding your condition. I know that some of my healer friends tend to use these.
I for one will be buying the book.
Thanks again,

Sonia.

#20096 - 10/12/00 02:17 PM Re: Mental work...It works for me!!!
Videlspider Offline

Loc: Pamplona,Norte de Santander,Co...
Hiya!
I`m really happy [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] `cause somebody could catch what I was trying to say....So,I have a small contribution,the principal affirmation,the one that has help me a lot :I LOVE AND APPROVE MYSELF...OK,you`re confused :confused,what`s that stuff of "affirmations"???? Well,afirmations are sentences that you have to repeat a lot of times Why??? because all we say go right to our subcounsious mind (I`m sorry if it doest`n write like that);so affirmations are positive messages with an especific purpose...Now,you have to repeat all time you can,it doesn`t care if you`re worry or sad or anything,TO LOVE YOURSELF IS THE FIRST STEP TO HAPPINESS [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#20097 - 12/06/00 11:15 PM Re: Mental work...It works for me!!!
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
It is very true that how you feel about yourself can greatly influence yourself. Thanks for the reminder as I know I need it.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information