Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20037 - 08/30/00 09:57 AM Noni Juice
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Could everyone with experience using Noni juice post their thoughts here? I think much of the conversation about noni juice has taken place in the chat room, and I've missed it [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

I haven't tried it yet, but would like to. If people could share some more info though, I think more people than just me would find it interesting (why is it important that it be Tahitian noni juice? what other kinds are there?)

Thanks!

#20038 - 08/30/00 01:12 PM Re: Noni Juice
sonia Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Laura, my 5 year old daughter suffers from LI and has greatly benefited from Tahitian Noni Juice. I gave it to her when she was 4ys 6mths after her dermatologist recommended the drug Acitretin. I decided not to take the drug route and took the noni myself before I gave it to Aiesha to see what the effects would be. Well, after 2 weeks, without going into any detail, various things within my body seem better if not fixed so at that point I started giving noni to Aiesha. After 2 weeks on the juice she got the worst I had ever seen (I guess this was a detox and I had been warned about it). I reduced the dose and carried on. The third week, the scales started falling off and the skin underneath was smooth - and this stayed for 12 weeks. When the scales returned, they were not as prominent as before. There is a definate cycle of scaling and shedding that still carries on but nothing like before. Will she have to take noni forever? Yes, because one of her doctors made us take Aiesha off the noni (because she doesn't believe in natural medicine) and Aiesha went straight back to "pre-noni" stage in 2 weeks. Why Tahitian? Well, like any great products there are always companies who want to jump on the bandwagon and make some money. I could go on about TNJ forever so if people want to know more (i.e. the science behind it, how it works, where to obtain, etc) then they are welcome to email me at sonia_patel@hotmail.com.
Note is important to know that TNJ is not the sole answer to ichthyosis. There are also many other things we can do to provide relief for our symptoms. I shall be posting regularly so watch this space.....

#20039 - 08/30/00 08:11 PM Re: Noni Juice
Carmen Bare Offline

Loc: Brsibane Australia
Hi, it is Carmen again. And I would like to share with you that I too take Tahitian Noni Juice and I have just finished a big bottle of it and am trying to get another bottle today because I am too scared to leave it. Just incase my 5 month old baby gets all his brown scales back. I am on a lot of vitamins as well for him as I am breast feeding and I tell you what my skin has improved a lot and I have got normal skin. My mum thinks that my skin has never looked and felt so good and as for Winson my baby, well, he has got LI and he is suppose to have brown scales which he had all over him and he was a very unhappy baby. He was on pain killers twice a day and all he would do was cry. And I am pleased to say that he has been smiling and he has been very playful he is now a different baby. We went to his doctor yesterday and even he said that he is soooooo different he couldn't believe the change and the nurse that comes and helps me couldn't believe it either. She went to bath him yesterday and instead of crying and screaming Winson was laughting and talking. She was so happy for Winson she stayed extra long to play with him. This house has been different too it is now a happy house and every one is feeling the differents. So I say try it, it can't hurt you and maybe it might work for you too. It is soooo good to be a happy mother again.

But please, as Ann said sometimes I still wonder is he going through an up or it is the Juice?????? But I am too scared to delt and risk Winson going through hell again. It is expensive but I think a happy baby is priceless. May God Bless. Carmen

#20040 - 08/30/00 08:55 PM Re: Noni Juice
Nikkster Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
Hi Sonia,

Where can you get Noni Juice?? Can you get it from a regular health food store like GNC? I'm thinkin' about trying it.

#20041 - 09/01/00 11:25 AM Re: Noni Juice
sonia Offline

Hi!
At this stage I should say that I know Tahitian Noni Juice (TNJ) inside out. I read every article and book on it before giving it to my daughter and when it worked, I decided to become a distributor so that I could buy at wholesale prices (works out very expensive when you have to take it for a long time). Hence, for "where to buy and how to buy cheaply" type of questions, please email me at sonia_patel@hotmail.com to take this outside the forum.

Best regards,

Sonia

#20042 - 09/15/00 08:38 PM Re: Noni Juice
Anne Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Hi,

I have been taking Noni Juice for about a month now. My skin improved greatly and then all of a sudden it turned worse. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I also think my skin might have turned worse due to the weather. Around the same time my skin turned worse was when the weather here went from 80 degrees to 55-60 degrees.

-anne

Quote:
Originally posted by Laura Phillips:
Could everyone with experience using Noni juice post their thoughts here? I think much of the conversation about noni juice has taken place in the chat room, and I've missed it [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

I haven't tried it yet, but would like to. If people could share some more info though, I think more people than just me would find it interesting (why is it important that it be Tahitian noni juice? what other kinds are there?)

Thanks!

#20043 - 09/16/00 07:35 AM Re: Noni Juice
sonia Offline

Hi Anne,
Chances are you're probably going through a detox, it happened to Aiesha (see my earlier post). Regardless of a person's condition, if their body "heals" too quickly, then they may experience a healing crisis or detox. When this happened to Aiesha, I halved her dose from 30ml to 15ml and gave her more water to flush the toxins out of the body. After a week, her skin improved. Also, try and do all the other things like take flax seed (see Laura's post) and incorporate juicing into your diet. Aiesha takes a glass of blend of carrot and apple juice and a glass of red grape juice a day. There are also other things I am doing (which will be posted later) but I believe the juice therapy is doing wonders as Aiesha has not had noni for over a month now and still looks pretty good. Obviously the weather has helped but I believe it's a combination of things.
Back to noni, reduce your dose for now and drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and give yourself a break from it every 10 days for a couple of days and then start again. Let me know how you get on.
Good luck!

#20044 - 09/17/00 05:36 PM Re: Noni Juice
Laura Phillips Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI
Hey Sonia,

I've been meaning to ask you (and I think you just answered my question above, I just want to confirm)--

Can I take Noni Juice and still take flaxseed at the same time? I had it in the back of my mind that I should probably stop taking the flaxseed when I (finally) try Noni...and then gradually return to the flaxseed. But I really don't need to? I can continue taking flaxseed, and then start also taking Noni, and that would be fine?

I know this may sound stupid or overly paranoid to some people. But 'natural' remedies can still be just as dangerous as 'drugs.' Originally, all drugs were made from a natural substance. So I investigate combinations of natural remedies just as carefully as I would two different drugs, in case there are any interactions that should be avoided.

#20045 - 09/18/00 05:01 PM Re: Noni Juice
sonia Offline

You're absolutely right, Laura. It is always good to check out combinations of natural remedies before taking them or talk to your doctor if you are taking allopathic medicine. Noni juice can be used alongside medicine and other natural remedies. I take noni before prior to other nutritional supplements as it actually helps the intestine to aborb more nutrients. So in your case the flax seed should work even better. The principal behind noni is that it contains an alkaloid called xeronine essential to proper cell function, regeneration and sustained health. It also contains a pro-enzyme called proxeronine and a catalyst enzyme proxeronase which stimulate the body's own production of xeronine. While proxeronase is abundant in the living tissues of the body (including skin and hair), proxeronine is usually in depleted amounts and must be obtained through diet (or noni!). Without the correct amounts of either of these, xeronine cannot be produced in the body hence leading to illness. Hope this answers your questions.

Warmest regards,

Sonia.

#20046 - 09/30/00 08:39 AM Re: Noni Juice
Ichthyosaur Offline

Hi Sonia. I was at the pharmacy looking for Tahitian noni juice and found that besides the juice, they also have it in capsule form. The price of a bottle of these was about the same as the bottled version. My question is, is taking the capsule/pill form just as good ?

Also, they were having an offer on the tahitian noni juice with pineapple. Should I be taking the plain one, or is it ok to drink the one that comes with pineapple juice too?

What is the best "dosage" for ichthyosis sufferers, do you reckon?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information