Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#20028 - 02/17/08 07:12 PM any new lotions?
XLLarry Offline

Loc: Pasadena,CA
Hi Les and Everyone,
I've been using lacticare for years.
Does anyone like Aquaglycolic or Lachydrin or ?
Thanks Xlinked Larry

#20029 - 02/17/08 09:41 PM Re: any new lotions?
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello X-Linked Larry
Welcome to our site and happy you asked. Many of our friends like aqua glycollic, Lachydrin 12% and 5%, dermal therapy, amlactin, Laclotion, Lacticare, Eucerin Plus, and a whole assortment of creams to many to list here.Everything is by trial and error to see what works best for you. Many years ago I tried Lacticare, but the ingredients were not strong enough for me. Im partial to Lachydrin 12% lactic acid for its ability to exfoliate my scales and helps with itching. Right now is when my scales turn a dirty brown on my arms, and the dryness and scaling on my legs and top of my ankles are more pronounced.Ive also used Triceram on my lower legs to control the extreme dryness and cracking at this time of year.How is the climate down south affecting your skin? Take care Larry and hope to hear from you.By for now.
Sincerely,
Les

#20030 - 02/28/08 06:02 PM Re: any new lotions?
BBR Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
do they still do Lacticare?

I used this maybe 2 years ago but got told it was discontinued.

Where abouts are you both from?

#20031 - 02/28/08 08:50 PM Re: any new lotions?
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello BBR
I am from central California between San Francisco and Los Angeles in the center of the San Joaquin Valley. I have x-linked ichthyosis and the months of January and February are the worst for me.Whereabouts in the U.K are you from? Do you know there is an Ichthyosis Support Group of the U.K. and you can contact them at isg@ichthyosis.org.uk.As I posted before, there are many alpha hydroxy creams to help exfoliate scales and moisturize your skin.Take care BBR and I hope to see many more posts from you.
Sincerely,
Les

#20032 - 02/29/08 03:32 PM Re: any new lotions?
BBR Offline

Loc: ENGLAND
Hi Les
Im from Liverpool (The Beatles?).
I suppose its all test & trial on different creams.

They seem to do Lacticare still in the US but have stopped in the UK.

Thanks for your feedback aswell, much appreciated. Take Care

#22285 - 08/08/08 04:03 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: BBR]
peter mackean Offline

Loc: Littlehampton, W Sussex, UK
hey peeps

to all our friends here in the UK, if you want a very successful lotion to try, its a Alpha Hydroxy Lotion, (lactic acid and urea) its Canadian made by Dermal Therapy but available here in UK from Advanced Care Products in Ipswich, they have a web site and is available on line for around £20 in a reasonable sized bottle of 474ml

be careful EHK sufferers, it can make you ichy, but for X-linked IV, wow, its changed my life, 42 years on and i practically cleared the scales within 5 days, well done to Dermal Therapy and lactic acid

the way i use it, i take a long warm shower, have a good soak, no soap, apart from hair, give myself a gentle rub with buff gloves to exfoliate, exit shower and partially dry off, armpits crotch and head, then using the wet skin to aid light spreading, smear the lotion all over body, after say ten mins, ya body is dry enough to cloth, excellent

i showered two to three times daily to start and was clear within 5 days, now i shower first thing in day, i have a little dryness now and then, i think it just reminding me i got it still

but hey, its summer now, my skin is great, and i'm confident enough to wear shorts
roll on winter, i can't wait to see the effects

take care peeps
pete

#22298 - 08/08/08 11:04 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: peter mackean]
MISFIT2012 Offline

Loc: Utah
Hi, I have lamellar and I just use plain ole Cure'l. It seems to work great for me, it's non-prescription and it's fairly cheap. I do use it 2-3 times a day.

#25133 - 09/16/09 01:04 AM Re: any new lotions? [Re: MISFIT2012]
georged Offline

Loc: Canberra, Australia
It's also worth simply asking your chemist to make up a solution of 10% lactic and 5% urea in emollient. Most will be happy to do so, in my experience. Usually cheaper than what you'd buy commercially.

#25199 - 09/24/09 03:43 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: georged]
johnie88 Offline

Do everyone know about new lotions?

#25240 - 10/01/09 01:18 PM Re: any new lotions? [Re: johnie88]
Amber Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hi,
I have Lamellar Ichthyosis and I use a compound of 8% lactic acid and Aquaphore. I have been using this since the age of 14 I am now 21. Most of the time people can't even tell I have a skin disorder. If you donít like the way Vaseline feels you won't like this. The cost from where I get it is about $25 for a 1lb jar but it is well worth it when you see the outcome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information