Topic Options
#19991 - 05/04/06 05:27 AM new member needs info
lucifa Offline

Loc: hampshire, england
hello all my name is lucifa i'm 29,and live in England ,I have had ichthyosis since birth not shore what type it is. i have tryed many products but nothing seems to work well just wondered if anyone had any ideas? thanx

------------------
if it ain't broke don't fix it

[This message has been edited by lucifa (edited May 04, 2006).]

#19992 - 05/08/06 05:21 PM Re: new member needs info
ksteen Offline

Loc: mississippi
See if you can find a product called Carmex. It works pretty well for me. I am 35 years old and have used it for a few years now. It comes in different strengths so you may want to start with a lowere strenght and then move up it necessary.

#19993 - 06/14/06 05:44 PM Re: new member needs info
jinstone Offline

Loc: Woking
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucifa:
[B] hello all my name is lucifa i'm 29,and live in England ,I have had ichthyosis since birth not shore what type it is. i have tryed many products but nothing seems to work well just wondered if anyone had any ideas? thanx

Depends to some extend how severe the Ichthyosis is. I have been referred a number of times to dermatologists, however they have been quite open and wary about some treatments as these have tended to offer skin improvement with the downside of thinning the skin surface and as a result creating additional risks of skin cancer and the like which I have declined. Tend to vary from thicker creams such as Hydrous Ointment as an after bath/shower ointment when it's really cold outside, to Diprobase when it's spring/autumn. Use Nivea Intensive and E45 in the summer time. For showering Oilatum Gel when the weathers really bad but it's quite expensive so get your doctor to set you up with a presciption for it. Don't invest in any form of water softner, increases the effectiveness of soaps and damages the skin more. Ditto airconditioning systems. As others have highlighted, higher humidty locations can assist and moderate sunshine for some cases but use Sun Tan Lotion. My skin gets markedly worse every time I visit the USA due to softened water and A/C. Take heavier creams and turn off or turn up the A/C if you go there, ditto other countries with A/C. Don't get depressed about it, there are always others far worse off in the world than ourselves [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Jeremy

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information