Topic Options
#19971 - 12/25/05 01:48 PM lac hydrin
ED RUIZ Offline

Loc: CAMDEN,NJ,USA
Hello everybody my name is Ed I am a 30 year old from from new jersey and would like to thank everybody on this sight for all of the supporting information that everybody has posted concerning ichthyosis.Now my first question is,can anybody tell me what kind of ichthyosis is the one where you have very dry scaly skin that looks like baked on oatmeal that itches non stop and build up mostly in my sleep.Also my second question is about medications I seen many of you use lac hydrin 12% now I need to know what remedy does anyone uses to help eliminate the stinging and burning when applying it.My third question is what type of product can anybody recommend to use on the face for the peeling and redness.I am open to any suggestions that any body would have cause I have had this condition since I been born and to the date cant find anybody in my family that has this condition since I red that this is a hereditary skin desease. So with my final saying I would appreciate any help that anybody out there can provide

Thanks
Ed

#19972 - 12/28/05 02:00 AM Re: lac hydrin
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Ed
Im happy you found our site.Without a specific analysis from your dermotologist, its hard to say what type you might have because many of us share mutual characteristics. I have x linked ichthyosis and will itch all the time without my lactic acid cream called Lachydrin.My scaling is on my lower legs, smaller on my thighs, finer scales on my arms, with dryness on my back and torso. I dont flake or scale on my face or have redness.If your 12% Lachydrin is too strong, you might prefer the 5% Lachydrin over the counter at your local pharmacy.You might like to add Aquaphor or Eucerin to lighten it up too.Personally,the slight sting is nothing compared to the relief from itching,tossing and turning, and a good nights sleep. Also it helps exfoliate those pesky scales on your legs and arms.Aqua Glycollic has a face cream that they say works very well, but I dont know what its priced at.In July 2000, we had our national ichthyosis conference in Philadelpha at the Doubletree Hotel.Too bad you couldnt attend, but our next national conference is in Atlanta Georgia on June 30,July 1, & 2, 2006.For more information you can call Jean Pickford or Maureen Tierney at our FIRST foundation at (215)631-1411 or info@scalyskin.org.Take care Ed and by for now.
Sincerely,
Les

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information