Topic Options
#19878 - 06/25/02 10:47 PM scales that looked glued on 2 skin
alex Offline

Loc: mississagua
hello people:

my problem is that i have dry, dull, tight skin.
It has lost its natural glow in many areas mainly the arms and legs. In these areas there are dull brownish scales that dont flake but rather look glued on, i can see my natural glow beneath the brownish dead skin that is covering it on top. I was wondering what type of problem this is and how can i help treating this problem. i am 25 years of age.
thanx

#19879 - 07/01/02 01:01 AM Re: scales that looked glued on 2 skin
Les Avakian Offline

Loc: Fresno, Calif. USA 93705
Hello Alex
Welcome to the men`s discussion group and I am happy you posted.I am not sure what type of ich that refers to.From what I have read, brownish scales could be X linked, vulgaris, or maybe one of the rarer types. You dont mention some of the characteristics of Lamellar, CIE, or EHK to get a proper diagnosis and treatment, I would contact a derm who knows ichthyosis. You can contact the ich foundation FIRST at 1-215-631-1411 or info@scalyskin.org for more info. Some of the alpha hydroxy creams with urea,glycollic, lactic, and salicyllic acids work well.Alex you can email me at lesthan@aol.com for further discussion.Thank you for posting and hope to see your messages again. Les

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information