Hello Richard
Im happy you posted that question.Wow it has been 4 yrs since I last posted in this thread. For x linked people, we are deficient in the steroid sulphatase enzyme.From what doctors told me at the 2002 Seattle conference discussion, the only way to add steroid sulphatase is by gene therapy.Research is ongoing, but are many years away from a cure.The only thing we can do is treat the symptoms and that is by exfoliating and moisturizing. I can understand your frustration. You live in a climate that is colder than where I live in California. The climate and environment play a huge role in how well we do with our scales and dryness.Living in the cool and damp areas of the U.K. will probably leave your skin more dry and scaly than living in California and Florida.Our sun, heat, and climate actually help my skin to be normal from about June to December.There are a few recommendations I can give you in using lactic acid, urea acid, glycollic acid, or salicyllic acid products.I can email you with specifics. If you have time Richard, attend the ISG conference in Coventry, England on Saturday, June 18.There will be doctors and health care professionals there to answer questions and you will be able to meet x linked people from the U.K. I hope this helps. Take care Richard and email me anytime. By for now.
Sincerely,
Les Avakian