Topic Options
#19594 - 05/02/06 05:33 PM periods
didi4nyc Offline

Loc: ny
this topic has probably already been discussed but I was wondering do u guys seem to get worse during period time? My skin goes a bit crazy... its redder than ussual and itchess so much more. I get all the other normal PMS things like bloating and stuff ... but i tend to feel so uncomfortable in my own skin during those times. I am emotioanlly uncomfortable and physically. On normal days i am ok as long a grease up [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#19595 - 05/05/06 04:19 PM Re: periods
caitiejane Offline

Loc: united kingdom
My skin does seem to get a little redder, dryer and spottier when I'm on my period. I assume this is just to do with the dreaded hormones! I know some of my friends who have 'normal' skin, also experience a bit of skin turbulence around this time, spotty and greasy normally, so I expect this is just how our skin reacts during this time.
Unfortunately I don't have any answers on how to prevent skin change during this time... I have often wondered if going on the Pill might manage these skin fluctuations... but just so you know your experience is not unique!

Take care,
Cait

#19596 - 05/05/06 05:48 PM Re: periods
kacy825 Offline

Loc: Ellicott City, Maryland, USA
Hi,
I believe our skin is definately affected by hormones. During my PMS time my skin is drier and peels a little differently. After I have given birth to my three children my skin also had a drastic change. It actually looked really good. It stayed clear and managable longer. I summed it up to the major hormone surge. Kacy
Younger brother also affected.

" I have EHK, it doesn't have me!"

#19597 - 05/07/06 09:38 AM Re: periods
wva Offline

Loc: Detroit, MI, USA
I never paid attention to whether my skin does better or worse during my period. But, my skin did better when I was pregnant with my children, especially my first child. I have commented to all my dr's (gyn, family, and dermatologists) about it and they just say yeah ok. But, the hormonal changes definately effect our skin.

#19598 - 07/13/06 04:50 PM Re: periods
Shawna Offline

Loc: Palermo, Maine, United States
Hey, my name is Shawna and I'm 18 years old. I definitely know what you're talking about. Right before that wonderful time of the month comes along I'll go through a peel. It only lasts for a few days, but it's irritating nevertheless. Aparently someone decided the normal PMS-ing wasn't quite enough for us eh? lol :P What helps me though is just spending some extra time in the tub working on my skin, then by the time my period actually comes I've usually come out of my peel and my skin looks and feels great again.

~*Shawna*~

#19599 - 01/29/07 03:53 PM Re: periods
Pood Offline

Loc: LaPorte, Tx
i have'nt really got my period yet i'm 14 and reading that really help

#25609 - 12/05/09 01:19 AM Re: periods [Re: Pood]
Pood Offline

Loc: LaPorte, Tx
I got mine a few days ago and I did notice being a little bit more itchy than normal. it wasn't to the point to where i was going nuts but is wasn't pleasant. I guess I just need to perfect a way to control it, Any ideas? Thanks for listening.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information