Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19426 - 08/30/05 06:16 AM Re: Massage, anyone?
BG Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
I went to a day spa recently and had the full package - which i can only afford very rarely! - but as well as massage it was a full body scrub. You need to get nude, it's a korean bath house actually, women and men separate, and you can soak in ginseng baths while waiting.

It was the best thing ever! Well the scrub mainly because my skin has never felt so soft and looked so darn fantastic and glowing and smooth! next time i will prob just get the scrub without massage so i can afford it easier but if you get a chance, bite your self conciousness and go it because you will feel in heaven afterwards! I wish i had a little korean woman in my bathroom every day!

#19427 - 10/27/05 02:12 AM Re: Massage, anyone?
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
REALLY, ARE MASSAGES OK FOR people who have EHK...

I was certain that it would rip my skin open...My mother tried to put my back into place on the weekend, and that riped my skin down my spine...

are we talking about people who have alot of scale with their EHK ? because I imagine that the scale would act as a protective barrier...

But what about when the skin has thinned out...my skin rips so easily now alot of the scale has gone from my arms, shoulders, etc..

Can someone confirm/disconfirm this for me
And advise whether we should leave our clothes on to protect skin from softening from skin to skin contact...

Thanks
Pauline.

#19428 - 11/05/05 09:26 AM Re: Massage, anyone?
Linda Evich Offline

Loc: Bellingham WA USA
Oh Massages - I went through a phase of 3-4 years when I had an 1 1/2 hours massage "religiously" - I was fortunate to get them at no cost through insurance benefits, I only gave them up when that benefit went away.

What I did was contact several massage therapists and did phone interviews and explained over the phone about EHK w/ it's associated problems and basically listened for the person who was eager for a challenge. I discovered a marvelous therapist who not only was highly skilled, but like someone said earlier, wanted to make me feel better. Initially, she went exceedingly slow, asking equestions as she moved over my skin. I found my back to be the biggest sore spot, literally. But she useds a rocking technique where she was able to work the musculoskeletal with minimal rubbing or sliding over my skin. We had a very give and take relationship and I must say that I learned the delightful gift of trusting turning the care of my bod over to the care of another knowing that she consistently treated me w/ dignity and gentleness. It was a lovely gift. I don't know about anyone else, but I've always been a craver of touch but have a hard time trusting to any great degreee. It was very nurturing and reaffirming to have such total acceptance from this high level of physical contact. Believe me, and I would venture to guess many understand this, if Dana had shown any resistance or hesitation, I'd have known it in a heart beat and the experience would have been just another disappointment, but thanks be to God, she was the genuine article.

So having said all that-yep, if y'all havent noticed, I'm pretty yappy, I'd say that regardless of the state of the skin condition, the opportunity for a uniquely satisfying experience is great. talk w/ the person who would be giving the massage by phone first. If you're like me, my BS radar is mighty high and can especially tell by voice and demeanor if I'm going to be comfortable w/ a person or not.

#19429 - 11/06/05 02:40 AM Re: Massage, anyone?
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Wow, that sounds like heaven, and a one in a million soul...

I too know straight away when people are funny with my EHK...I have that problem with hairdressers, but have finally found one who is fine...and when that happens you stick to them like glue.

My husband has massages for his Cerebral Palsy, and I would just love to have them too...your experience sounds very promising...and reassuring...

thanks
Pauline.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information