Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#19338 - 04/13/06 04:44 PM Re: worried about the future.....
caitiejane Offline

Loc: united kingdom
Hey All!

I know this posting stopped ages ago, but I just felt I had to say how reassuring the posts on it have been for me!

I too greatly worry about flakes in the bed and stuff like that, but your comments, particularly from Chandra (if you still read this board) have been great.

Fingers crossed for the future! Now if I could just get my head round to asking THAT guy out... lol

Caitxxx

[This message has been edited by caitiejane (edited April 13, 2006).]

#19339 - 04/20/06 08:42 AM Re: worried about the future.....
CShell Offline

Loc: Fort Meade, MD
I am SO printing out this thread, and keeping it for Julia (Netherton's) for when she's a teenager and worried about all this stuff.

THANK YOU!!!

#19340 - 04/21/06 03:58 AM Re: worried about the future.....
didi4nyc Offline

Loc: ny
read this posting... made me cry.. thank u for the honesty.

#19341 - 06/19/06 06:13 AM Re: worried about the future.....
Glori Offline

Loc: Elk Rapids, Michigan
The irony of this whole post is...talk to your girlfriends who DON'T have Ichthyosis and they will tell you that they always thought, growing up, no one would love or marry them because of their...complexion, weight, big butt, whatever!
All women (and men too) have their neurosis and it's normal. We just have something unique to focus on, but everyone has something that they think will repel the opposite sex.
I have left this thread here all this time because it stands the test of time. We will always have teen-age girls and young women coming to this site looking for reassurance that EVERYONE needs now and then.
I agree, print this thread and keep it for the baby girls you have now, because they will need it!

Glori

#19342 - 07/14/06 04:24 PM Re: worried about the future.....
Shawna Offline

Loc: Palermo, Maine, United States
Hey Becky, I'm 18 and although I'm young I have the same fears you do. I don't think age really matters with something like this though, ending up alone is big fear for anyone. We of course just get to throw our skin in as an added bonus, lol. I guess that we just have to believe that there really is someone for everyone. I mean, we are people... amazingly strong indiviguals, so why shouldn't we find our Prince Charming? We just have to keep our heads up and never lose faith. Good luck and if ya ever want to talk to someone who can relate feel free to e-mail me at; shanabooslg.

~*Shawna*~

P.S. Here is a quote that I absolutely love and it seems rather fitting.

"Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile." Remember that... [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#19343 - 07/15/06 06:53 AM Re: worried about the future.....
Luciana Offline

Loc: Neuchâtel, Switzerland
Hi Shawna,

I like your words, and the quote is great!

All the best for everyone, and bye for now.

Luciana

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information