Topic Options
#1921 - 07/01/03 09:27 AM Camp Discovery
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello,
I just got a call friday from Dr. Winfield about being a counselor at Camp Discovery and got my flight plans this morning. Just wanted to know if anyone else I know is going to be a counselor there also, or if you may have kids going there too. I'm kinda nervous about the whole thing but that will go away once I get there. The teen camp is the one I'm going to, july 18th to the 25th. If you're going to be a counselor or have kids you'd like me to check in on let me know. See ya.
Keith.

#1922 - 07/01/03 01:28 PM Re: Camp Discovery
KatieCakes Offline

Loc: Boston & South Attleboro, MA, ...
Hey Keith, Actually for the past two years I have been a camper there and now since i'm almost 19 I'm going to be a acounselor for the first time as well. It is an amazing week...the best week of my whole year besides the conferences. I'm nervous about being a counselor too but it is so worth it. The kids are amazing and the staff and counselors are too. I've been counting down the days until camp because I'm so excited. There are always a few new counselors and staff so you won't feel alone and everyone is so helpful..and Doctor Julie is a sweetheart. Too bad you weren't one last year because Merritt Andrews has been a counselor for the past two years as well. But I can't wait for camp and it'll be great to see you! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Katie

#1923 - 07/01/03 07:14 PM Re: Camp Discovery
Chandra Offline

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
I'm jealous! Seriously, you'll have a lot of fun. Katie's an "Old hand" at this since this'll be her third time there regardless of role, and Keith, you're a great guy so you'll do fine. Besides, we all know Katie will set you straight if needed. Just kidding! Well, maybe not [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

#1924 - 07/01/03 08:48 PM Re: Camp Discovery
Margaret Offline

Loc: Virginia
Hey Keith!
I've been a camper there for two years, and I'm going again this year. I'll also be going to Camp Horizon as a junior counselor. Can't wait to see you there!

#1925 - 07/01/03 09:13 PM Re: Camp Discovery
Deidra Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Hi everyone, My son Evan is going to Camp Discovery August 9 - 15th. He is 10 and really excited. Keith, you will need to e-mail Evan and tell him all about camp. As excited as he is, he is also really nervous. It is adults like all of you that we parents really appreciate. You can help our children in ways we can't even understand. Thanks.

#1926 - 07/01/03 10:38 PM Re: Camp Discovery
KatieCakes Offline

Chandra...that's hilarious. I'm sure camp will be a blast..and we know that both Keith and I can hold our own... [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Katie

[This message has been edited by KatieCakes (edited July 01, 2003).]

#1927 - 07/02/03 09:00 AM Re: Camp Discovery
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey People,
Thanks for writing back, I didn't realize so many people would be there that I already knew. Hello Dee! Where have you been? I almost chose the Pennsylvania camp but didn't think I would be able to take the heat and humidity there. It would have been so nice to see Evan again, Bev put a picture of him and I on our computer as part of our slideshow screen saver. Dee, you have to write me, I don't have a current email address for you. Thanks again Katie, Chandra, Margaret and Dee for replying.
Keith.

#1928 - 07/02/03 09:57 AM Re: Camp Discovery
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
Hi Keith! My daughter Jordan will be attending Camp Horizon in pennsylvania for the 2nd year but I think next year she'll be old enough to go to Camp Discovery...she's excited...YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!! I've been a counselor myself in the past but never at a camp like these...I guess mainly,you really have to be there physically and emotionally for your campers

[This message has been edited by Robin (edited July 02, 2003).]

#1929 - 07/02/03 12:38 PM Re: Camp Discovery
KatieCakes Offline

Robin I was thinking about that the other day..about how next year Jordan will be old enough for Teen Camp...I am so excited. If you guys go to the conference as well then I'll get to see her twice!!

Katie

P.S. 15 days till teen camp! ...but who's counting..hehe

#1930 - 07/03/03 12:06 PM Re: Camp Discovery
Robin Offline

Loc: Irmo, South Carolina USA
Hey there Katie!!! Id really love to attend the conference and hopefully we can afford to make the trip as a family. Hope you enjoy the teen camp!!!

Moderator:  Laura Phillips, Sideshow_bob 

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information