Topic Options
#17198 - 06/19/08 06:30 PM Yeast Infection on skin
robinlynn9901 Offline

Loc: Scotia, NY, USA
I need help. I got scabies back in march was treated for it and I'm still itching. I've been to the doctors- the scabies is gone and now i'm dealing with something else. Cultures were done and found resistant staff, no surprise... and yeast. I thought my problems were solved when he gave me medication, but it didnt work. I wake several times a night itching uncontrolably, and several times throughout the daytime. Im emotionally drained, and physically tired from the lack of good sleep. Can anyone relate or offer advice. I'm unsure if i am still dealing with yeast... it sounds right, but I just need help. Please if anyone can offer something. Thank you.

#17199 - 06/20/08 01:42 AM Re: Yeast Infection on skin
Hearsay Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA, USA
Have you tried any of the anti-itch remedies like allergy medicine (Benadryl) or Calamine lotion?

If it is yeast, it usually has a speckled rash appearance, but not always. I have generally found a combination of Aquaphor (to hold it on the skin), Maalox (kills the acidity and skin breakdown) and antifungal cream (jock itch, vaginal infection or toenail fungus types all work) works pretty good on the kids.
I also have an unaffected daughter, age 8.

email: jennifer at confettiskin dot com
facebook - find me on "ichthyosis mommy spot" or "friends of ichthyosis"

#17200 - 06/20/08 02:59 PM Re: Yeast Infection on skin
robinlynn9901 Offline

Loc: Scotia, NY, USA
I take Hydroxazine (benadryl type RX)- it helps a little. I've not tried creams. Do they kill the yeast or just help itching?

I started eating yogart twice a day and taking baths in baking soda. The bath didn't seem to help itching, but boy it got a lot of scales off! I was actually surprised. Ive had very bad build up on my feet and the soda softened it so I could just pick of the scales without pain.

Anyway- another culture was done and i should hear today about it. It just needs to go away. I've never ever had complications other than normal with my skin and its so hard. I cried myself to sleep last night because it hurt and was so draining. Ugh.

Thank you for your note.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information