Topic Options
#17061 - 10/09/07 04:19 AM Suggestions 4 ichthing and flaking
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
hey all.. Good news! the thicker scales are coming off on their own finally.. as we all know the doctors where i live are morons and i haven't been to a real dermatologist in over 3 years. im not sure what's going on.. i developed a severe rash from head to toe.. then got an infection across chest and legs.. ever since i have been peeling. and i don't mean regular everyday peeling.. but like going from winter to summer peeling.. constantly.. im itching.. soaking as much as i can (still have 2 young kids), and lotioning when i get the time.. is there anything out there in which will either get all the scales off once and for all.. to where they will build back up to where i am use to them.. or just fall off and stay off... instead of growing back thinner and flacking immediately.. i don't know if this is making much sense to anyone.. but all i do know is that im miserable at this point and need some type of relief that will ease this and won't knock me out at the same time.. i still have to be a mom...lol
i hope all is well.. miss you all!!! you can msg on here or email me at special_bones@yahoo.com.. thanks a million.. Crystal Rose

#17062 - 10/09/07 07:37 AM Re: Suggestions 4 ichthing and flaking
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
CONGRATULATIONS CRYSTAL...i bet you are thrilled to see this happening and fascinating all at the same time.

Listen all i can suggest is to use some lactic acid type creams, very sparingly when you notice some scale beginning to come though, and it should be enough to soften it right off, before the scale takes hold...

Bare in mind though that the thinner your scale is, then the more likely that the lactic acids are going to penetrate thru your skin and into your blood stream. SO USE SPARINGLY, LEAVE FOR A FEW MINUTES AND MAKE SURE YOU WIPE OFF ANY EXCESS CREAM STRAIGHT AWAY...

Crystal i keep missing you in Yahoo...and I don't want to sign up to talk to you with your mobile option on MSN...

Hope we can chat properly soon....thinking of you all the time...

p.s. I almost forgot...Try taking ZYRTEC...which is an antihistamine...It is the best medication i have ever been on, to stop overnight scratching...I wish i knew about it years ago when i was on the orginal Tigason.
GIVE IT A GO...but it is quite expensive...big sigh, and i know that is the hardest part for you...wish i could ship stuff over to you...I have actually enquired about that, but was told that I can't...

Crystal, therefore, I am seriously thinking about trying to pay for some creams etc...for you to make you feel more comfortable...You don't deserve to go without (and be in pain) especially when you have children to manage...I have been wanting to do this for ages and ages now...

Take care
Love Pauline
XXX

[This message has been edited by pauline5 (edited October 09, 2007).]

#17063 - 10/09/07 11:21 PM Re: Suggestions 4 ichthing and flaking
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Today I had a semi break through...My son has been terribly sick.. only happens in the middle of the night...lol so im really sleep deprived right now. Anyways while at the doctor's office for my son.. i asked the pediatrician if he ever remembered my skin doing what it is doing right now and if he had any suggestions.. i showed him what i look like right now and told him how long its been going on.. My legs look like bruises because of that "allergic reaction" and for some reason i can't stop peeling.. he said that he had never seen me go through this and that i needed to get to a dermatologist fast.. then he said he already knew about the ones in corpus not taking my insurance but gave me a number to one in victoria tx. I'm not sure how far away victoria is or how i will get there.. but at least now i have someone to call when stuff like this goes on. im hoping to call that doctor by the end of the week.. considering im not sleeping through the day like i have been since my son got sick...

Pauly.. i know what you mean.. i miss talking with you too. for some reason today my yahoo msgr isn't even opening.. i don't understand why my hotmail is set to mobile considering i don't even have a cell phone and the only time i get on hotmail msgr is through my computer...lol who knows.. i will get back on as soon as i can.. talk to you all later.. bye bye for now..

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information