Topic Options
#17047 - 09/17/07 05:05 PM EKG
thequeen Offline

Loc: Muskogee, OK
I recently need and EKG and they simply could not get the electrodes to stick to my skin at the ankle. Has anyone had this problem and what is the solution.

#17048 - 09/18/07 03:25 AM Re: EKG
snackboy Offline

Our son was sent to a pediatric cardiologist at 2 months old for "pretty significant heart murmer". We simply explained EHK to the doctor and requested that nothing be stuck to his skin. So he did an ECG (echocardiogram - basically an ultrasound of the heart). The doctor was able to get all of the information and then some without causing any discomfort or harm to the baby.

Good luck and I hope all goes well.

snackboy (EHK - NPS ?)

#17049 - 09/18/07 03:41 AM Re: EKG
PsychGal Offline

Loc: By a large mountain
When I was going through the grad school application process, I was also coordinating an international move. I became extremely stressed out, and manifested it through severe continuous chest pains. I ended up in the ER and had two separate EKG's done. It probably depends on how much lotion and how moist your skin is at the time, because I had a heck of a time getting those stickers OFF! They stuck a little too well. I think if you know well in advance that you're going to have an EKG, simply not moisturizing those areas should do the trick.

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information