Topic Options
#17040 - 09/14/07 03:18 PM Happy Fall! How are things going?
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
Hello fellow EHKers!

Fall has struck here in Minneapolis and, as usual, the seasonal change has brought about a skin change as well.

I found some great lanolin based lotion at the state fair this summer so that is helping.

Let's catch up with each other! How has your summer been? (Winter for Pauly [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] )

How do you deal with the seasonal change effect on your skin?

Which is your favourite season and why?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Sheesh! I seem to be starting all these threads - my bad!

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

#17041 - 09/15/07 09:51 AM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Sarah, I am often thinking the EHK section hardly ever gets used...obviously a sign of how rare we are hey?

OK HERE GOES:

How has your summer been? (Winter for Pauly [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] ) We have just finished our winter (1st June to 31st August) it is now Spring...

Winter is really bad for me...I dry out severely especially when it is windy...in extreme dryiness I crack open in bends of my arms...a very rare occurance though and i hunch over like The Hunchback of Notre Damme ...Obviously naughty me for not keeping cream on all day.

How do you deal with the seasonal change effect on your skin?

Good question! I see many on here talking about the sudden change in skin to coincide with change in weather...but I can honestly say i have either never noticed or never given it a thought. I have always had the philosophy that my skin goes through its 'normal'stages, but it doesn't make it any worse or better...it is just how it is.

BUT COME TO THINK OF IT...SUMMER really hits me hard...when i sweat, my head explodes from the heat...and also my buttocks really stings and blisters...and i have to spend most of my summer in the house...GREAT TIME TO CATCH UP ON CROSS-STITCH THOUGH...while watching Daniel's boorrrring Cricket games...

Which is your favourite season and why?
I think Autumn and Spring...because they are neither too hot or too cold.

Sheesh! I seem to be starting all these threads - my bad!
NO NOT BAD...GOOD...MAY GET SOME OF THE EHKers OUT OF THE CLOSET...thanks for this Sarah...

Love Pauline
xxx

#17042 - 09/16/07 02:49 PM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
Sarah Helen Offline

Thanks Pauline!
We can always count on you to check the boards. You are right, more of us need to come out of the woodwork.
This weekend has been really bad for me as the temp and humidity dropped dramatically. I have been creaming up and therefore stinking up more than usual, my dogs have no problem following me at the park! At least I'm comfortable for now, tomorrow I go back to work and this all needs to be washed off - ah well...sigh.

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

#17043 - 09/18/07 11:42 AM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
hehe, sorry i laugh Sarah...but i can so much relate...

Yeah I hate putting ointments on because of the smell too...and yeah, animals just love me, follow me around everywhere...Damn they mustn't like me just for the sake of it...it must be the smell...thanks for reminding me

hehehehehhe

Our summer will be here quicker than i want (December 1) but I will be interested to see if the odor stays away while on neotigason...and no scale...

Oh boy, I am tired...goodnight...going to bed now
love Pauline

#17044 - 09/25/07 02:07 AM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
hey all.. well strangely as it seems i do notice the steep changed in my skin as the (season) changes for me even in south tx. (we only have 2 seeasons... hot and cold) lol

i would have to say that i love summer most because i am able to be out and about with just a small amount of difficulty... winter on the other hand im pretty much not only stuck inside like a hermit but stuck to my couch or bed depending on where i lay.. movement is really not an option and i didn't realize how difficult it was to raise children when you are in so much pain.

thank God though somehow He gives me the strength and power to get past my pain and do my motherly duties.. so to a non affected person if they just sprung up with all the sores and cracks that i do during winter they would be just screaming in agony but i do my very best to not let it get to me.

creams are a difficult thing for me to find because i have found out im allergic to everything i have used from baby oil to lotions.. so... well see what this year brings about.... i really have missed everyone

#17045 - 09/25/07 03:00 PM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
Sarah Helen Offline

Hello!
Ouch - it sounds like winter is hard for you, does it get really dry in Texas during the winter?

When I am in pain and hurting I often think that if a non-ich person suddenly had EHK they would go mental. It is amazing how much tolerence for skin pain we all have. I do have to admit that a little tummy ache will floor me and I become a baby [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Has anyone ever asked you how you do it? I never know how to answer that because, well, what choice do we have?

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

#17046 - 09/25/07 09:22 PM Re: Happy Fall! How are things going?
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
Actually I get that question all the time...lol I just say that my kids are number one and that any parent would do anything for their children just i actually prove that everyday when my skin is hurting and my kids are at the age in which they can't take care of themselves quite yet. I am very self sufficient and i think that is why i choose to be single so often because if i don't do it then someone will come along and either mess it all up or not do it appropriately.. so i make sure i pull myself up by the shoe straps and keep on going...lol don't get me wrong alot of times i would much rather stay in bed and have a guy make me breakfast in bed and help me out some but at the same time doesn't that only happen in dreams and movies...lol

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information