Topic Options
#17016 - 07/09/07 10:22 PM zzzzzzzzzz...Mosquitos!!!!
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
The very sound of the zzzzzzzzzzzz at night can freak me out. I live in an area that can get an aweful lot of mosquitos and they are huge. They say that the mosquito is the state bird and they have been known to carry away small children and pets.
With that being said.... Every summer the search becomes one for a repellant that doesn't sting and actually works.
When I do get a bite they swell up, blister and become approx. 3 cm across as well as very painful. I have found a few things that work, sort of, and a lot that don't work at all.
Any help from out there in internet world?

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

#17017 - 07/10/07 08:35 AM Re: zzzzzzzzzz...Mosquitos!!!!
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Sarah,
I don't put anything on to repel them...not out there enough at night i guess...
but they cause a huge lump on me too...and just water blister a little bit...but go down over night...

sorry can't help at all

#17018 - 07/10/07 02:29 PM Re: zzzzzzzzzz...Mosquitos!!!!
Sarah Helen Offline

Loc: Twin Cities, Probably North of...
There are enough around here that they don't just come out at night.
So far I have actually been spraying on OFF! or a similar repellant. It stings like crazy for about 30 seconds and I do the "OFF Dance" until it goes away.
The bites on my legs have been keeping me awake the last few nights. [img]http://www.ichthyosis.com/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

------------------
Sarah
35 with EHK

#17019 - 07/10/07 11:21 PM Re: zzzzzzzzzz...Mosquitos!!!!
Lisa for Jake Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
I am not sure you would wish to try this, but, I was told when I lived in Greece, that vinegar kept mosquitos away. Could be an old wives tale and I have no proof

Lisa

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information