Topic Options
#16980 - 04/22/07 07:14 PM Infection???
luckelizard Offline

Loc: Corpus Christi, TX, USA
here recently.. i have had a little more issues with my skin.. but more confusing than anything else.. i itch alot more especially on my knees and hands.. it seems the more i itch these areas blisters under the thick scales form and some liquid of some sort starts to seep out.. the thing that confuses me is that these blisters aren't getting any bigger and they are not totally painful.. there is a little discomfort but mainly itching.. It has me puzzled because the infections i normally get are red and the skin around it gets like eaten.. and just all around i know then its an infection...lol but this isn't typical of what i am use to.. any suggestions.. i am allergic to bleach, baby oil, and pretty much alot of other things other than my bactroban ointment. its really wierd.. my skin hates when i put stuff on it and i don't know what else to do because benadryl will just knock me out and i have two kids and sleeping all day is not an option for me. thank you for all your support.

#16981 - 04/26/07 04:37 AM Re: Infection???
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hey Crystal, how ya doing? How's your health going? Hope you are keep up with your doctor appointments for me please...

Listen is it possible that you have some friction water-type blisters almost like bedsores, from the lying in bed that you have supposed to have bneen doing?

I don't know what more to suggest...I mainly get waterblisters on hands and feet everyday of the week, from friction or over use...but can't recall the itching, maybe sometimes...

Yeah actually sometimes intense itching will CAUSE THE BLISTERING TO OCCUR...so it is not like you have an staph bug in your system ready to surface....MAYBE, NOT CERTAIN, JUST IDEAS...

oK, HOPE THEY IMPROVE, keep relaxed, try and have some soaks in salt baths...

LOVE YU
PAULINE
XXX

#16982 - 04/26/07 09:56 AM Re: Infection???
Deidra Offline

Loc: Lancaster, Ohio USA
Hi Crystal,
I would advise you to assume it may be an infection and have it cultured. My 14 year old with EHK has been dealing with MRSA, a very resistant staph infection, all winter. It has not been his "typical" infection either. They are little white bumps and when opened, liquid comes out. They don't get big and they haven't gotten all red. He has also been very itchy when he never has been before. Now I can't say for sure that is what his is because if you have read any of my other posts, he is dealing with something else as well and I just can't separate the two anymore.
In regards to the itching, Evan is taking Zyrtec and Atarax both but only at bedtime. Maybe that is a time you can be knocked out. One of the things we have learned this winter is to make sure to take the antihistimine at a regular time. If he gets off schedule, he is itchier.
Please keep us posted.
Deidra

#16983 - 05/04/07 01:16 AM Re: Infection???
pauline5 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Yes, Crystal, I now tend to agree with
Deidra...I think i thought they would not itch if infected....but strangely enough same thing is happening to me write now...

DRIVING ME NUTS...my antibiotics have been doubled up and my Zyrtec is now taken morning and nighttime...I have always taken Zyrtec on a regular basis at bedtime anyway

They seem, to be clearing up, but more pop up in their place...

Sorry for the wrong advice

#16984 - 05/11/07 10:04 PM Re: Infection???
momof3 Offline

Loc: SJ, CA USA
It really sounds like MRSA to me, too. My son Dane gets recurrent infections, and as we speak, he once again is getting the tiny pustules/blisters all over....and itching like crazy. We just got him off Linezolid, which seriously wipes it out after 2 doses...but the problem is it keeps coming back within days of finishing the antibiotics (a 10 day course). Tea tree oil seems to help...but nothing works like the antibiotic. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this. It's become a real, endless problem in our house. If the blisters spread to other parts of your body, then you'll really know. Good luck. I hope a great resolution to this problem arises for us all!!

Copyright 2012 Ichthyosis Information